Indirect Category Management Lead
Posted on 4/1/2022
- Deep understanding and intellectual curiosity for Procurement operations, strategies and technologies
- Experience in developing, and executing procurement category strategies, including ability to conduct data driven analysis of spend and contracts to identify opportunities
- Proven experience in negotiating cost savings across a broad range of categories, including SaaS, cloud, consulting and HR
- Experience in developing and implementing supporting Procurement processes across sourcing, P2P and vendor management
- Ability to influence and build rapport with senior stakeholders to establish strategic relationships generating YoY sourcing opportunities
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring junior members of the team to elevate and expand the sourcing value they can deliver
- Bachelor's degree is required, MBA or further advanced degree is desirable
- A minimum of +7 years of professional experience
- Proven ability with core vendor lifecycle management skills e.g., sourcing & negotiation (direct negotiation and competitive bid), supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, category management
- Multi-indirect category experience across different geographies preferred
- Adaptable and willing to work in a changing environment where continual process improvement is expected
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbal and in writing with all levels across all business functions
- Lead the indirect sourcing team responsible for the strategic sourcing across Software, Infrastructure and Professional Services in delivering negotiations and competitive bids to achieve maximum value for Opendoor
- Execute indirect category strategies for global initiatives incorporating market evaluations, RFPs, supplier negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established metrics
- Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to identify and capture opportunities to source collaboratively. Partner with business to deliver YoY cost reductions
- Support the Head of Procurement in building out the indirect sourcing function within Opendoor by contributing to the design and execution of category plans, policies, and procedures
- Establish preferred suppliers and facilitate their use across all categories. Develop deep relationships with strategic suppliers to deliver performance management and innovation solutions
- Be a champion for Procurement across Opendoor. Train and mentor sourcing team members, communicate the value proposition of Procurement across a broad range of stakeholders and lead efforts to elevate general Procurement IQ across Opendoor
Leading digital platform for residential real estate
Pendo is on a mission to elevate the world's experiences with software
- Happier workdays - Add a little fun to your workday with Pendo board game night, team karaoke, ping pong, or enjoy a local brew on our rooftop deck.
- Health and wellness benefits - Generous health and wellness plans designed to meet the needs of you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid parental leave - Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, and a flexible schedule upon your return to help you make the most of those special moments.
- Learning and development - In-house management development classes, guest speaker lunch and learns, and select conferences help keep talent sharp.
- Flexible work hours and PTO - Enjoy the benefits of a flexible time off policy, flexible work hours, and paid parental leave.
- Global offices - Work across the globe in the cities that we love like Raleigh, San Francisco, New York, Herzliya, Tokyo, London and Sheffield.
- Respect our lives outside of work - We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate what makes each other unique.
- Be direct & transparent - As individuals we are timely, candid, and respectful in providing feedback–even when it’s hard to do so.
- Maniacal focus on the customer - If there’s an opportunity to improve the customer experience, we do it.
- Bias to act - We take initiative to get things done, collaborate, and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Show me the data - No matter what the decision, data should be the primary input for decision making.
- Act like owners - We use good judgement in our actions & decisions and implicitly have the trust from our colleagues to be able to do so.
- Win together - We succeed together & challenge each other to grow. We collaborate & support one another as a team.