6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 11%
2 year growth↑ 15%
- Extensive and progressive HR experience
- Strong business acumen with management experience
- Proven HR generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, employee engagement, succession planning, comp, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, and training and development
- Strong analytical skills to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle sensitive situations/documentation
- Partner with the North American leadership team to provide strategic HR support
- Deliver change and transformation for mission delivery
- Analyze and provide guidance on the business’ current organizational state and future requirements
- Craft and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning
- Design and implement solutions to meet business needs
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure a deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent
- Promote DEI and achieve stretching targets
- Support leadership in talent review sessions and succession planning strategies
- Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with business leadership
- Drive global HR initiatives to support business delivery through people and organization
- Provide strong leadership to the People & Organization team, instilling a culture that emphasizes performance, care, and passion
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Hard work and determination
- Ownership mindset to make an impact
Are you an experience HR professional looking to be a key memeber of the leadership team and own the end-to-end agenda across Talent, Organization, Skills, Capabilities, Performacne, Reward, and Culture?
Location: Hybrid - 2-3 days week on-site at our office in Hackensack, NJ
About the Position
As the Head of People and Organization for North America, your primary focus will be to partner the North American leadership team. Key deliverables include owning the end-to-end People agenda to deliver the 2024 People Plan across Talent, Organisation, Skills, Capabilities, Performance, Reward and Culture.
You will own the implementation of function specific HR programs and strategies. You will be expected to identify and analyze business and people issues where HR solutions can be leveraged and implemented as well as lead the People and Culture Must Win Battle, which is part of larger framework used to manage the NA business priorities. You will need to demonstrate credibility by building collaborative relationships with the leadership team and all HR partners and specialists across the Global Upfield People & Organization Community. You will also manage and mentor a team of 3 People & Organization professionals across the United States and Canada and will be oversee core People Data integrity and accuracy.
In more detail...
- People & Organization Business Partner to North American Team – Work closely with the Leadership to provide strategic HR support to ensure the People agenda is on track to deliver the business results.
- Deliver Change and Transformation – Support the business to deliver change and transformation for mission delivery. Deliver projects, manage change and support the business through the journey.
- Workforce Planning & Organizational Development – Analyze and provide guidance on the business’ current organizational state and future requirements. Craft and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Recruitment & Retention – Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside Upfield.
- DEI Leadership and Target achievement – Our ESG agenda is critical and ensuring we continue to promote DEI and achieve our stretching targets is key.
- Talent Development & Succession Planning – Support leadership in the preparation for regular talent review sessions. Lead Functional talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in business-critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical marketplaces.
- Compensation & Benefits – Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with business leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global reward to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
- HR Leadership – Drive a number of global HR initiatives to support the business delivery through our people and organization. This includes Leadership Development, leading the DEI agenda for the region, developing talent and driving the engagement agenda.
- Team Leader – Provide strong leadership to the People & Organization team – directly and indirectly, instilling a culture that emphasizes performance, care and passion and supporting the business to deliver their mission
So, what does it take to be successful in this role?
You’ll need to bring extensive and progressive HR experience, strong business acumen with management experience, proven HR generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, employee engagement, succession planning, comp, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, and training and development, strong analytical skills to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues, a track record of achieving results that contribute significantly to the business, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and ability to handle sensitive situations/documentation. Most importantly, you’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
If this position sounds interesting, please hit the apply button now! The deadline to apply is January 29th, 2024.
We understand your resume might not be up to date and recommend that you apply with what you have or your LinkedIn Profile. Upfield is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, we understand that you might not meet all the requirements stated in the description, but we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this role or other roles.
Upfield is an employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and equal opportunities for all. We recruit based only on values, qualifications, performance, skills, behaviours, experience, and knowledge. We ensure job advertisements are free from unintentional bias.
No personal characteristics should be a barrier to joining Upfield. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other personal characteristics.