Updated on 2/8/2024
Comprehensive intelligence platform for institutional decision-making
Tegus stands out as a leading intelligence platform, providing unparalleled insights to institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through its extensive database of primary and market information. The company's culture fosters creativity and passion, encouraging employees to contribute to the development of a category-defining product. Additionally, Tegus prioritizes user privacy and personalization, offering customizable website experiences and effective advertising, while maintaining a strong commitment to transparency and data security.
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -7%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↑ 84%
Chicago, IL, USA
Ruby on Rails
- At least 5 years of experience as a generalist working on both the frontend and backend
- Experience with Python, Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript is a plus
- Experience with Elastic or other search technologies
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and software testing
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment
- Build robust, well-designed and effective software that solves complex problems
- Test, review and deploy code quickly
- Research, learn and share new techniques for solving complex engineering problems
- Write tools and develop practices for the engineering team
- Own projects from end-to-end
- Analyze and design solutions to business problems
- Experience with Python, Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
- Build robust, well-designed and effective software that solves complex problems.
- Test, review and deploy code quickly. Our team is exceptional and we TDD most changes, so we don’t slow ourselves down with excessive release processes or meetings. We deploy over 5 times per day and manage major releases with feature flags rather than coordinated deployments.
- Research, learn and share new techniques for solving complex engineering problems. We’re a highly collaborative team and we push each other to find better solutions every day.
- Write tools and develop practices for the engineering team. From GraphQL-to-Typescript compilers to fully automated deployments, we take the time to invest heavily in our own productivity.
- Own projects from end-to-end. On a given day you might be building a system to measure search engine performance, reworking an integration with a telephony provider, or designing a UI component library.
- Analyze and design solutions to business problems. No one wants to work at a company that throws solutions over the wall to engineers. At Tegus, you’ll be fully involved in determining what to do, not just doing it.
- At least 5 years of experience as a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
- Experience with Python, Ruby on Rails, Vue or Typescript is a plus but not at all required.
- Experience with Elastic or other search technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and software testing.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Award-winning culture with regular team-wide events designed to foster connections and promote creativity.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, nursing parent rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.