Summary: Join VideaHealth as key member of our Artificial Intelligence team to develop complex ML systems that eventually improve dental health of millions of people.
About us: VideaHealth
is a venture-backed startup developing artificial intelligence
to automatically detect diseases
in dental x-ray imaging. Spun out of MIT in 2018, our prior research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases. VideaHealth
helps dentists detect these conditions and effectively communicate treatment recommendations to patients. Our product increases revenue for dentists and has the potential to reduce health risks for over 210 million patients every year in the US alone.
We have a strong core team and advisors, are backed by world-renowned VCs and angel-investors
, and our work has been featured at MIT and the Wall Street Journal
. We have great momentum and are now looking for ambitious talent to join our team!
About the position: As a ML Engineer you will become a core member of the company and execute on ambitious milestones, taking ownership of your own projects. You will work closely with the leadership team within a highly collaborative company culture. You will own the design and implementation of infrastructure for reliable and highly performant deep learning and analytics pipelines with the main focus on the detection and classification of dental conditions from x-ray images. You will further play a critical role in defining and executing processes for managing large amounts of data, defining data sampling approaches and performance evaluations. In your role as ML Engineer you will become part of exciting collaborations with researchers, physicians, and regulatory bodies. You will collaborate with company advisors from MIT and Harvard whose expertise span machine learning, medical imaging, and getting products successfully through FDA. We are looking for an individual with a strong Machine Learning background who is not shy to take proactive responsibilities. You will be able to contribute and grow your technical skills by building end to end highly impactful software medical devices that will ultimately impact the lives of millions of people. Your contributions will play a key role in building a great company from an early stage. We provide a competitive compensation package.
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on development building deep learning and/or data pipelines
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework (e.g. PyTorch, TF, Keras)
- Strong software development skills including testing (Python)
- Experience in reading & implementing technical research papers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive, ambitious, and fast learner
- Proven track-record of high quality software development (e.g. on GitHub)
- Experience in working with medical images or related Computer Vision problems
- Experience in Data Analysis (e.g. statistics, performance metrics)
- Experience working with cloud based platforms / providers (e.g. AWS)
- Leadership/Mentorship experience
Our Company Values
• We are ambitious in our mission. We want to bring better health to millions of people globally by changing dentistry through AI.
• This is more than a job: We are motivated by our responsibility to patients and customers.
• We are selfless in the pursuit of our collective mission, balancing and prioritizing company goals ahead of individual goals when necessary to ensure company success.
• We adapt, persevere, and finesse our way through roadblocks and find a way to continue moving forward.
Championship Team Mentality:
• We support each other on our journey forward, and actively look for ways to collaborate and learn from each other to help our customers overcome their challenges while building an exceptional team and productive environment.
• Feedback is a gift: We motivate each other to do our best work and give, receive and welcome constructive feedback with positive intent.
• We are drivers and not passengers: Regardless of our job descriptions we observe what needs to be done and spring to action.
• We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes as a team.
Strive for Excellence:
• We strive for excellence in what we do: We act with a sense of urgency, with high standards, and constantly learn.
• We have a sense of urgency. If something can benefit from action now, it should be done promptly
• We keep ourselves to a high standard of working smart, perfecting our craft, and driving hard while balancing this out for individual long-term resilience.
• We have a growth mindset as individuals and as a team, we think about how can we do something better or faster and how can we learn.
Pay Range: $85,000 - $200,000