6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↑ 5%
- Experience in gameplay animation
- Ability to collaborate with design leads, engineers, and animation director
- Familiarity with mocap shot lists and reference
- Passion for sports games and understanding of sports behaviors
- Experience with Unreal Engine (desirable)
- Collaborate with design leads to create animation-based features
- Define animation needs for features
- Responsible for mocap shot lists and reference
- Influence technical implementation of features
- Implement features in engine
- Champion animation quality and authenticity within features
- Passionate about playing and/or watching sports
- Passion for video games
Who We Are
2K Games is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Located in Vancouver, BC, 2K Sports Lab is a small collective being formed within 2K Games that is driving the research and development of future sports interactive entertainment programs. Within this group, speculative work will be done on future sports games with an eye towards taking the magic of 2K’s publishing and development expertise and applying them to future opportunities.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Lego Drive, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you’re interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply.
What We Need
Our studio is looking for an experienced Gameplay Animator who has a high quality bar and a passion for replicating authentic sports behaviors. In this role, you will work closely with AI and Animation Engineers, Designers and Producers to implement authentic sports behaviors to build highly polished world- class gameplay for what will be the next massive sports franchise in our industry!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Design Leads to create the design for animation based features
- Collaborate with Design Leads to define the animation needs for animation based features
- Be responsible for mocap shot lists and mocap reference in order to deliver the strongest feature possible
- Collaborate with Engineers and Designers to influence the technical implementation of features in order to build the strongest feature possible
- Collaborate with the Animation Director to understand, and deliver on, the quality bar for the animations that you create
- Collaborate with the Design Lead and Engineering team to implement your features in engine
- Champion animation quality and authenticity within your features, bringing the animation perspective to all decision making
What Will Make You A Great Fit
- A passion, and understanding of, sports games
- Experience working with on ‘second-to-second’ interactive animation features
- Player experience focussed
- Open minded, proactive and collaborative
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Passionate about playing and/or watching sports.
- Passion for video games (not just ours)
The pay range for this position in British Columbia, Canada at the start of employment is expected to be between 60,000 and 84,700 CAD per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an ’at-will position’ and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews, and when emailing we, only use 2K.com accounts.