At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset -using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Engineer to join the Prototyping team at Guild. In this role, you will have the opportunity to bring your full-stack expertise to the forefront as you design, develop and maintain innovative web-based applications. You will be an integral member of the team as we test and launch new capabilities for Guild. Additionally, you will provide support for EdFlo - a Tuition Reimbursement Platform and a Transcript Delivery System for Credit for Training. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and make a meaningful impact on the future of higher education.
- Design, implement and maintain new features and functionality for web-based applications in close collaboration with the prototyping team to ensure requirements are met.
- Write and maintain efficient and scalable code for front-end and back-end applications using technologies such as Python, React, TypeScript, PHP, Serverless Architecture, Lambda functions, and GraphQL.
- Support the legacy Tuition Reimbursement application built in PHP.
- Work independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality results.
- 15+ years of full-stack software development experience.
- Experience with React, Python, TypeScript, PHP and AWS Lambda.
- Experience building services and GraphQL APIs — data modeling, unit and integration testing, and continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Experience with cloud platform services (AWS), database technologies (MySQL/PostgreSQL), and modern source control (Git / Github).
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- A proven track record of keeping up with and experimenting with new technologies.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Although this role is currently an Individual Contributor position, we would like candidates to be comfortable with managing others as this role and team may grow in the future.
- A passion for higher education and Guild’s mission.
Join our team and play an instrumental role in shaping the future of education.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $210,000 - $232,000, as well as company stock options. education. Apply now for the Principal Engineer (full-stack) position at Guild.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.