Sr. Application Processor
Posted on 12/23/2023
Provides financial solutions and loans to SMEs
Mulligan Funding, LLC stands out as a leading financial solutions provider for small and medium-sized businesses, offering a unique blend of advanced technology and personalized service. Their most popular product, Working Capital Loans, offers fast and flexible funding options, with funds available as soon as the day after approval and terms customized to each business's specific situation. The company's strong emphasis on integrity and trust, earned one client at a time, sets it apart in the industry.
San Diego, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 2%
2 year growth↑ 9%
San Diego, CA, USA
Sales & Account Management
- Prior experience in credit or finance
- 5+ years of application processing experience
- Proven typing speed of at least 65 words per minute
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft/Google applications
- Detail-oriented and focused work ethic
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Quick critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Understanding of loan and lease transactions
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM’s
- Investigate and validate crucial loan application information to ensure pre-qualification for underwriting
- Swiftly evaluate each application to determine its eligibility for further processing
- Decide whether to advance broker-submitted loan applications or decline those that do not qualify
- Verify and update specific data points for applicants
- Defend decisions and explain application status to Sales
- Contribute to team procedures, training, and shadowing
- Communicate effectively, addressing issues promptly and maintaining a collaborative work environment
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Finance (recent graduate)
- Experience in the small and mid-size business funding industry
Headquartered in San Diego, Mulligan Funding serves as a leading provider of working capital ($5K - $2M) to the small and medium-sized businesses that fuel our country. Since 2008, we have prided ourselves on our collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused approach. Enjoying a period of unprecedented growth, driven by the combination of cutting-edge technology, human touch, and unwavering integrity, we are looking to add to our people first culture, with highly motivated and results-oriented professionals, to push the limits of what’s possible while creating value for all of our partners.
We are looking for a Sr. Application Processor to join our Processing Team here at Mulligan Funding. The Senior Application Processor at Mulligan Funding serves as the initial point of contact for loan submissions, swiftly assessing a high volume of applications daily. Responsibilities include researching and validating loan information for pre-qualification, making decisions on broker-submitted applications, and verifying and updating applicant data points.
While this is a hybrid position operating on a 3/2 schedule, you will be expected to report onsite full-time for the first 90 days.
- Investigate and validate crucial loan application information to ensure pre-qualification for underwriting.
- Swiftly evaluate each application to determine its eligibility for further processing.
- Decide whether to advance broker-submitted loan applications or decline those that do not qualify.
- Verify and update specific data points for applicants.
- Defend decisions and explain application status to Sales.
- Contribute to team procedures, training, and shadowing.
- Communicate effectively, addressing issues promptly and maintaining a collaborative work environment.
- Prior experience in credit or finance.
- 5+ years of application processing experience.
- A proven typing speed of at least 65 words per minute.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft/Google applications.
- A highly detail-oriented and focused work ethic.
- An ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Quick critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- An understanding of loan and lease transactions.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM’s.
You may also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance (recent graduate).
- Experience in the small and mid-size business funding industry.
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental benefits that give you peace of mind.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) that let you use pre-tax dollars to cover healthcare expenses.
- A fantastic 401K with matching contributions that helps you plan for retirement and build wealth over time.
- Generous sick, vacation, and holiday benefits that give you the time and flexibility you need to enjoy life.
- A gym membership contribution that supports your well-being, and helps you stay energized and focused.
- An internal referral program that rewards you for bringing talented people to the team.
- Company events that foster a positive and inclusive culture, and create opportunities to bond and grow with your colleagues.
To ensure a comprehensive integration into our team and company culture, there is a requirement to complete 90 days of onsite work before transitioning to a hybrid work arrangement. After this period, and contingent upon satisfactory performance, you will be eligible to discuss a hybrid work schedule in accordance with our company policies.
Mulligan Funding is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.