Associate Security Advisor
Posted on 1/20/2024
Cybersecurity advisory and solutions provider
Optiv stands as a leader in the cybersecurity industry, providing strategic and technical expertise to a vast client base of nearly 6,000 companies across all major industries. The company's culture is centered around teamwork and overcoming cyber threats, with a focus on enabling clients to secure their full potential. Optiv's competitive advantage lies in its comprehensive ecosystem of people, products, partners, and programs, which uniquely positions it to accelerate business progress and manage cyber risk effectively.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -3%
2 year growth↑ 7%
Denver, CO, USA
IT & Security
- BS/BA or equivalent and applicable work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years in an information security or other IT related role
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Understanding of common security threats, vulnerabilities, and attack methodologies
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills to clients
- Strong attention to detail for reviewing statements of work (SOWs), quotes, and client deliverables
- Ability to work in-person and remotely with distributed teams
- Valid driver’s license or other valid government accepted identification
- Ability to travel within assigned region or assigned accounts, as well as internationally as needed
- Drive the generation services and technologies business to meet or exceed quarterly and annual quota objectives
- Learn the client’s security environment, business operations, security needs, and risk appetite
- Identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities across clients and Optiv's partner relationships
- Articulate how the necessary elements of the Optiv technology and services portfolio meet the specific needs of the client stakeholders at a management level
- Collaborate with service delivery to ensure the team has necessary supporting domain specialty materials
- Build relationships at clients by participating in thought leadership, support, information, and guidance in conjunction with sales partners
- Build working relationships with targeted Optiv technology partners
- Identify and drive security solutions to meet client objectives across technology and services
- Perform additional duties as directed or needed
- Ability to lead technology focused discussions
- Experience in sales or business development
- Certifications in relevant domains such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA
The Associate Security Advisor (SA) plays a critical role in serving as a trusted partner to Optiv’s clients. By combining sales skills, business and broad industry knowledge, the Associate SA aligns the clients’ security initiatives towards a highly defensible and scalable security program. The Associate SA has practical knowledge and provides our clients and sellers with consistent security expertise on all sales opportunities. In partnership with domain specialist and experts, the Associate SA will facilitate thought leadership and inspired cyber security solutions powered by our ecosystem of people, products, and partners.
How you’ll make an impact
- Drive the generation services and technologies business to meet or exceed quarterly and annual quota objectives in partnership with the account and domain teams. Follows the Optiv Standardize Sales Operating Processes (SOPs) to achieve consistent success.
- Learn the client’s security environment, business operations, security needs, and risk appetite. Identify a their security concerns and how they correlate to Optiv’s strategic solutions across the assigned domain and holistic cyber security programs.
- Identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities across clients and Optiv’s partner relationships.
- Articulate how the necessary elements of the Optiv technology and services portfolio meet the specific needs of the client stakeholders at a management level.
- Collaborate with service delivery to ensure the team has necessary supporting domain specialty materials that presents a consistent and comprehensive approach.
- Effectively work with multiple client personas across the security team, as well as other relevant personas to develop security strategy and define roadmaps to execute on security strategy aligned business goals, budgetary spend, and metrics based on return of investment.
- Build relationships at clients by participating in thought leadership, support, information, and guidance in conjunction with sales partners.
- Build working relationships with targeted Optiv technology partners, based on client spend, and Optiv focus.
- Identify and drive security solutions to meet client objectives across technology and services.
What we’re looking for
- BS/BA or equivalent and applicable work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years in an information security or other IT related role.
- Highly motivated self-starter that does not require day-to-day management.
- Ability to work in a highly adaptable and nimble team environment with responsive communication.
- Understanding of common security threats, vulnerabilities, and attack methodologies and able to communicate recommendations to clients in a clear manner.
- Strong business and technical acumen and ability to lead technology focused discussions.
- Strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills to clients, including whiteboard sessions and other presentation mechanisms.
- Strong attention to detail for reviewing statements of work (SOWs), quotes, and client deliverables.
- Builds a foundation of broad security related knowledge and continuously expands their expertise in other domains across the portfolio.
- Perform additional duties as directed or needed.
- Ability to work in-person and remotely with distributed teams in a decentralized environment.
- Valid driver’s license or other valid government accepted identification.
- Ability to travel within assigned region or assigned accounts, as well as internationally as needed.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cybersecurity solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations – Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect
• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge as well as 9 paid holidays annually
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Premium contributions by Optiv to Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Contributions by Optiv to Health Saving Accounts (HSA)
• Optiv-paid Basic Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement, certification support and student loan refinancing
• Optiv matching contribution to 401(k) with immediate vesting
• Health Advocate/ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – One-on-one help navigating healthcare and insurance systems; confidential Licensed Counseling sessions
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.