Founded in 2020 by a team of leaders from Braintree, PayPal, and Lending Club, Highnote is an all in one card issuer processor and program management platform. We give digital-first organizations the flexibility to easily issue and process payment cards that accelerate business growth and profitability.
We’ve raised $104M+ and grown our team to 100+ employees. Headquartered in San Francisco, we’ve managed to build one of the most advanced payments teams in the industry, with team members in 22+ US states.
Operating through our core values of customer obsession, executional excellence, intentional inclusion, we’re helping businesses grow for the future by creating the payment products demanded by tomorrow, with the ability to solve for use cases that don’t exist yet.
We are fast-moving, hands-on, and strongly believe everyone deserves a seat at the table. We believe we’re unlocking incredible opportunities that can change the future of payments, as long as we have the right people to make it happen.
Highnote is building a one-of-a-kind Technical Sales organization. As a founding member of the team, you will be responsible for leading technical work streams with Highnote customers, solving complex problems, and helping define the future of our company as a whole. You will represent the customer’s perspective internally and work closely with Highnote’s Product and Engineering organizations to ensure that features and functionality are built to meet their requirements and are prioritized appropriately.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own technical relationships during implementation phase, guiding customers through the implementation of Highnote products
- Build proofs of concept, write sample code/GraphQL, and provide consultative expertise in all aspects of the solution
- Build internal tools and processes for the Technical Sales organization
- Implement and test Highnote products
- Manage implementation project timelines and set expectations for deliverables as new and updated functionalities are deployed
- Drive the product roadmap by working closely with Product and Engineering organizations to ensure customer requirements are met
- Serve as the liaison to internal teams for our customers and partners
What you’ll need to be wildly successful:
- Strong technical expertise
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Experience working with APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend code in various programming languages
- Fintech/payments experience
- An entrepreneurial and ‘get things-done’ mindset focused on delivering results
- A strategic, collaborative, and inclusive approach
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ownership mindset - caring about seeing projects through from start to finish
- Lead by example, with empathy and humility
- We’re an early stage startup that allows for our employees to truly build from the ground up and impact every layer of our organization.
- We’re a team of payments obsessed individuals. While some of us come from the fintech world, some of us don’t. We value the varied backgrounds and the diverse perspectives of our employees.
- We’re small on hierarchy and big on growth. We’re a flat organization that allows everyone to have direct exposure to our leadership team. We are looking for builders who thrive in ambiguity.
- We’re backed by Oak HC/FT, Costanoa Ventures, and XYZ Ventures. Angel Investors include Bill Ready (CEO at Pinterest) and Renaud Laplanche (Co-Founder & CEO of Upgrade).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 100% healthcare coverage + 75% coverage for dependents
- 401k program
- Up to 16 weeks off for Maternity leave + up to 6 weeks of Paternity leave
- Equity in Highnote
- Stipend to build out your home office; internet reimbursement
- At Highnote we have built a total rewards philosophy that includes fair, equitable, geo-based compensation that is performance and potential based. Our compensation packages are competitive based on robust market research and are a combination of a cash salary, equity, and benefits. In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual salary range for applicants is $145,000-$200,000
Please note that positions located in San Francisco are hybrid and include core working days of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in office. We provide flexible work options based on distance from our downtown SF office.
Highnote is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We invite people from all backgrounds and identities to apply. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by US federal state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work. Additionally, we encourage everyone to share which pronouns you wish for us to use when addressing you (i.e.: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).