Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Auburn, AL, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Education: B.S. required (B.S. in Supply Chain Management preferred)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with ERP-LX/BPICS, MS Office Suite, Business Objects, Oracle preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Strong project management skillset
- Responsibility for one or more major commodities such as castings, motors, injection molded plastics, raw materials (metals) etc., plus a mix of other non-major commodities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Forecast future requirements and pricing for assigned commodities based on prevailing market conditions and volume fluctuations
- Utilize competitive quoting to improve TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Continuously evaluate the supply chain to maintain a high standard of purchased value-right mix of cost, quality and delivery
- Recover funds related to non-conforming material and warranty
- Drive improvement to key metrics, including; OTD/OTP, PPM, Lead-time, Pay Terms
- Own and maintain the relationship between Auburn Ops and the supplier
- Responsible for invoice reconciliation to ensure on-time payment to supply base
- Load and maintain accurate/up to date system parameters (Cost, Lead-time, Supplier, etc)
- Collaborate with Xylem Global Procurement (XGP) on strategic sourcing activities to drive supply base optimization, cost reduction, quality improvement and OTD. Responsible for cross-functional communication (Engineering, Quality, XGP, Suppliers, etc) to drive on-time project closure
- Engage and support Purchasing Specialists and Inventory Analysts to increase throughput, reduce inventory, and improve value. Cross-trained as back-up during absences
- Participate and support Xylem new product development programs, from inception to launch
- Embrace continuous improvement ideas and methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) to improve upon purchasing policies, procedures and practices, as well as participate and contribute to larger facility and organization optimization
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential