San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↓ -9%
- 2+ years experience in a fast growing and highly cross functional environment
- At least beginner SQL skills
- Understand the needs of partners, prioritize those needs by impact, and create solutions with cross-functional partners
- Drive the implementation of new services and processes for managing Merchant launches in the rapidly growing New Verticals business
- Navigate in an ambiguous environment and bring structure to undefined opportunities
- Leverage data whenever possible to inform hypotheses and convince cross-functional partners
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Logistics, and Business Development teams to align on a path forward to build the largest business vertical
- Experience and enjoyment in working on large ambitious problems and not getting lost in details but being able to go to the lowest level of detail when needed
- Enjoy building a strategy from ground up and executing against the strategy
- Act with urgency, speed, and working on multiple work streams simultaneously
About the Team
We are revolutionizing the delivery experience for merchants and customers by offering the next generation of fulfillment services. We’re looking for someone to join the Drive New Verticals rocketship to rapidly scale our next big bet. This team works closely with multiple cross functional partners to incubate new service offerings and to quickly launch Mx on our platform post contract execution.
About the Role
You will work on building a cohesive new Mx launch strategy for one our most nascent verticals. To accelerate the launch process you will build processes and templates from scratch by knowing our product and Merchant in and out. Your industry knowledge and business acumen will allow you to identify new service offerings that you will build the strategy for and execute against. You will make recommendations impacting the entire business with the ultimate goal to increase volume. This role reports directly to the New Verticals Strategy & Operations Senior Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Understand the needs of our partners, prioritize those needs by impact, and create solutions with cross-functional partners
- Build – Drive the implementation of new services and processes for managing Merchant launches in the rapidly growing New Verticals business
- Construct - Navigate in an ambiguous environment and bring structure to undefined opportunities. There won’t be playbooks or templates, instead you will create them.
- Analyze – Leverage data whenever possible to inform your hypothesis and convince cross functional partners.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Logistics, and Business Development teams to align on a path forward to build the largest business vertical.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 2+ years experience in a fast growing and highly cross functional environment
- Bring at least beginner SQL skills
- Have experience and enjoy working on large ambitious problems and don’t get lost in details but are able to go to the lowest level of detail when needed
- Enjoy building a strategy from ground up and executing against your strategy
- Act with urgency. Speed and working on multiple work streams simultaneously excites you.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 3/1/24.