San Ramon, California
6 month growth↑ 6%
1 year growth↑ 11%
2 year growth↑ 27%
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend development (Java)
- Deep knowledge and experience with frameworks such as Spring
- Experience working on complex problems spanning multiple products and systems
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum team
- Positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with any public cloud platform is a plus
- Knowledge of real-time communications (SIP, RTP, etc.) is a plus
- Develop a scalable, highly available global voice platform
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, Engineering leaders and Test Engineers
- Understand performance and scalability principles and apply them when developing software
- Troubleshoot and support current platform in production
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement software code using Java, Spring, and related technologies
- Write unit and functional tests, be able to document and communicate clearly
- Experience with any public cloud platform
- Knowledge of real-time communications (SIP, RTP, etc.)
Join us in bringing joy to customer experience. Five9 is a leading provider of cloud contact center software, bringing the power of cloud innovation to customers worldwide.
Living our values everyday results in our team-first culture and enables us to innovate, grow, and thrive while enjoying the journey together. We celebrate diversity and foster an inclusive environment, empowering our employees to be their authentic selves.
Our Product Engineering team is looking for an energetic and experienced Senior Software Engineer – Core Team, who is passionate about creating high performing, scalable, and resilient mission frontend components and critical backend MicroServices that are the foundation of Five9’s contact center platform. As a member of the team, you will take ownership in delivering features and defect fixes. In this position you will need to work closely with many other teams and product owners to produce high quality code that will enable our Unified Communications platform. You will play a pivotal role in our San Ramon, CA headquarters, enjoying a hybrid work model that blends collaboration and flexibility with three office days per week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays).
- Be part of an agile team to develop a scalable, highly available global voice platform.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, Engineering leaders and Test Engineers Understand performance and scalability principles and apply them when developing software.
- Troubleshoot and support current platform in production (we embrace DevOps) Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and implements software code using Java, Spring, and related technologies.
- Write unit and functional tests, be able to document and communicate clearly.
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend development (Java).
- Deep knowledge and experience with frameworks such as Spring Hands on Experience in designing and implementing scalable, high performing Microservices providing REST APIs.
- Experience working on complex problems spanning multiple products and systems.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum team Positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude with a strong-sense of ownership.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with any public cloud platform is a plus.
- Knowledge of real-time communications (SIP, RTP, etc.) is a plus.
As part of our continued commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Five9 supports pay transparency during the entire recruitment process. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate including, but not limited to: skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the job across the United States. Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package during your hiring process.
Additionally, the total compensation package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock, and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Our total reward package also includes:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage, beginning on the first day of employment. Five9 covers 100% of the employee portion of the health, dental and vision coverage and shares a high portion of the dependent cost. We also offer Short & Long-Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, and a 401k saving plan with employer matching.
- Access to an innovative mental health support platform that offers personalized care and resources in areas such as: therapy, coaching and self-guided mindfulness exercises for all covered employees and their covered dependents.
- Generous employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid Time Off, Company paid holidays, paid volunteer hours and 12 weeks paid parental leave.
All compensation and benefits are subject to the requirements and restrictions set forth in the applicable plan documents and any written agreements between the parties.
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal opportunity employer.
Our headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area with global hubs in the United Kingdom, Germany, Philippines, Portugal, and Australia.
Note: Five9 will never request that an applicant send money as a prerequisite for commencing employment with Five9.