Santa Clara, California
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 4%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
- Experience in sourcing and materials management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret engineering requirements
- Forecast and communicate engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers
- Lead Materials Core Team and coordinate product development process deliverables
- Assist in supplier price and delivery negotiations
- Manage materials change control process
- Identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts, and inspection requirements
- Certifications in sourcing or supply chain management
- Experience in value analysis and Should Cost analysis
- Experience in supplier risk assessment
- Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis. Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
- Leads Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables through matrix management of buyers, planners, and production control. Collaborates with engineering team to interpret engineering requirements.
- With limited/ no supervision, creates, releases and updates new project materials strategy.
- Sourcing: Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary. Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
- Materials: Coordinates activities around source selection, specification creation and price negotiation with appropriate team members.
- Executes commercialization (transition) materials plan).
- Manages materials change control process. Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues. Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators . Tracks total landed costs targets.
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists and/ or leads in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering. Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Cost analysis.
- Actively mediates and partners with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues for assigned product groups. Escalate issues to Commodity Business Managers when necessary.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:10 - 15 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$108,000.00 - $148,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.