Azure Devops Lead Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Provider of employee compliance technology solutions
StarCompliance is a globally trusted provider of employee compliance technology solutions, serving companies in 114 countries with a future-ready platform that simplifies regulatory obligations and risk reduction. The company offers a comprehensive suite for monitoring and mitigating potential employee conflicts, including personal trading activity, insider trading, private investments, and political donations, all accessible via a mobile app for on-the-go approvals. StarCompliance also demonstrates industry leadership by providing timely insights and guidance on regulatory changes, such as the delay of Ireland’s Senior Executive Accountability Regime, ensuring clients are always prepared for evolving compliance landscapes.
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 35%
Remote in USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
DevOps & Infrastructure
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps or a similar role working directly with Azure
- Advanced Azure IaC and CaC experience leveraging Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, and other techniques
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services
- Experience deploying, configuring, optimizing, and troubleshooting PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS systems and services in Azure
- Experience with infrastructure and APM monitoring tooling, such as NewRelic
- Experience with Nginx deployment, configuration, and optimization
- Experience in site reliability engineering
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance, secure solutions for the platform and internal management tools
- Drive automation improvement and efficiencies for all environments
- Refine monitoring and incident resolution
- Implement and manage continuous integration using IaC and DevOps best practices
- Provide tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services
- Troubleshoot issues of varying complexity in a timely manner
- Identify process and efficiency improvement within the platform and operations
- Carry out necessary operational processes and procedures with high attention to detail and timely delivery
- Define and document standard runbooks and operating procedures
- Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams
- Monitor systems capacity, health indicators, and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required
- Collaborate with InfoSec to ensure security controls are met
- Research new technologies, processes, and methodologies
- Mentor team members and lead by example
- Experience with Azure Operations
- Advanced Terraform and Ansible playbooks experience
StarCompliance are seeking a driven, passionate, experienced Azure DevOps engineer to further our team’s Development Operations practice. You will work within the cloud infrastructure team and cross-functionally to identify areas of improvement through automation and champion best practices in the organization for operations and projects while mentoring junior team members.
You will establish and continuously improve our configuration management, infrastructure automation, integration, and monitoring and train the team in DevOps best practices to achieve a stable, reliable, continuously deployable environment. To succeed in this role, you must have exceptional experience in Azure infrastructure (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) and solution architecture, provide compelling decision-making with clear and concise communication, enjoy working hands-on, and thrive in an ever-evolving landscape.
- Work closely with operations, software engineering, and product teams to design and implement scalable, high-performance, secure solutions for our platform and internal management tools.
- Drive automation improvement and efficiencies for all environments.
- Ongoing improvement and refinement of monitoring and incident resolution.
- Design, implement, and manage continuous integration, utilizing IaC and DevOps best practices.
- Provide tier-3 troubleshooting (including on-call) and break-fix support for production services; actively manage operations issues responding within targeted client SLA response times.
- Efficiently troubleshoot issues of varying complexity in a timely manner to provide support for internal service level objectives.
- Facilitate continuous improvement by identifying process and efficiency improvement within our platform and operations.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with high attention to detail, expediency, and timely delivery.
- Define and document standard runbooks and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Monitor systems capacity, health indicators, and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Collaborate with InfoSec to ensure security controls are met.
- Researching new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
- Mentor team members and lead by example.
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years in DevOps ora similar role working directly with Azure.
- Advanced Azure IaC and CaC experience leveraging Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, and other techniques.
- Working with Azure DevOps Services
- Direct and recent Azure experience deploying, configuring, optimizing, and troubleshooting PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS systems and services.
- Infrastructure and APM monitoring tooling with NewRelic
- Nginx Deployment, Configuration, and Optimization.
- Site reliability engineering
- Two years of current Azure Operations experience
- Advanced Terraform and Ansible playbooks experience
StarCompliance Background Checks
All positions require pre-employment screening due to employees potentially having access to highly sensitive and confidential information involving finance and compliance; candidates must be trustworthy and have a heightened sensitivity to protecting confidential financial, professional information. To be eligible for employment with StarCompliance, candidates must undergo a rigorous background investigation with checks including, but not limited to, criminal record history, consumer credit, employment history, qualifications, and education checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, marital/civil union/domestic partnership status, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by country, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. StarCompliance makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, please request a copy of our Equal Opportunities Policy.