Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Kubernetes Application Developer, you are responsible for ensuring that development teams have the processes, documentations and tools in place for working in an Openshift Kubernetes environment. This will involve defining and refining internal development processes and reference implementations, working on development projects company wide as a Kubernetes Subject Matter Expert, and helping drive the direction our Kubernetes solution. You will work closely with the Development, Test, DevOps and IT Operations teams to continually build, enhance, and maintain our highly available on-prem Kubernetes applications.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best developers in Vancouver and London, and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of Developers, Testers and DevOps Engineers. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
- Work with development teams across the company as a Kubernetes Subject Matter Expert, assisting with the implementation of their Kubernetes based solutions
- Ensure the successful provisioning of applications in Kubernetes infrastructure
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct application related issues as they arise
- Provide ongoing development support to development teams and work closely with teams on issue resolution
- Manage and administer incident, problem, and service request queues
- Define, document, communicate and evangelize development standards, best practices and processes for developing Kubernetes based solutions
- Develop and maintain development related use guides, run books, and other documentation as needed
- Determine opportunities for and build automation and tooling to improve the efficiency of development teams
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with the development of services on Kubernetes, preferably with OpenShift
- 5+ years of experience with Java and Spring Boot, building highly scalable services
- Extensive experience with Docker containers or other containerization technology
- Solid understanding of both general and Kubernetes networking/firewall concepts and their role with regards to Kubernetes infrastructure and application delivery
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) designation is an asset
- Experience with complex IT infrastructure
- Track record of driving development process change
- Ability to take on internal initiatives as a prime or lead
- Adaptability to working with multiple teams on projects with varying degrees of flexibility/rigidity at different points in the development cycle
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Experience with Jenkinsfile would be an asset
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.