San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↓ -9%
- 7-10 years of experience
- Experience in managing or supporting a complex P&L
- Experience launching new partners or new products
- Experience in project management
- Fluency in SQL and Excel
- Developing growth strategy
- Overseeing profitability and operations strategy
- Incubating new growth vectors
- Working with internal and external partners to execute plans
- Managing a strong team
- Hiring and retaining top talent
- Building team culture
- Interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hyper-growth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers and retailers on a global scale. The Drive New Verticals team works with merchants across Grocery, Convenience, Retail, Pharma, and more, and determines the strategy on how to meet merchant partners where their needs are and solves complicated operational problems to better serve our partners, their customers, and our Dashers.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to join our New Verticals rocketship on Drive - DoorDash’s white label fulfillment platform and product - to scale business with strategic partners, unlock accessibility to local businesses on their own terms, and launch new products and services to expand our TAM. The Senior Manager, Drive New Verticals S&O, will oversee the growth, profitability and operations strategy for our Convenience business, and will incubate new growth vectors across our core Grocery & Convenience portfolio. You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. Reporting to the GM of Grocery & Convenience+, you’ll work with product, engineering, sales, operations, business development, and other teams to make your vision a reality. We expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize: You will develop the strategy to best serve our customers, thinking at a deeply strategic level about the success now and 5-10+ years out.
- Operate: You want to get to the lowest level of detail, and scale. You will work directly with internal and external partners to execute on your short & long-term plans; you are a cross functional success enabler and an excellent operator.
- Build: You will develop and lead 0 to 1 opportunities, creating the roadmap for future growth vectors and determine how to invest our resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborate: You value partnerships, and will excel at working across Operations, Product, Sales, Engineering, and more to bring new products and services to merchants.
- Lead: You will manage a strong team. You’ll hire and retain top talent, and build team culture.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You thrive with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a breadth of disciplines and teams.
- You’re an analytical powerhouse. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You’re persuasive. You are an effective communicator, speaking as if you’re right and listening as if you’re wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You are a builder. You enjoy building from the ground up and excel in creating structure and process.You have people management experience, and will enjoy developing a team of operators.You don’t need a guide. You dive into difficult problems and come up with a plan.
- You have 7-10 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive, challenging environment.
- You have experience in managing or supporting a complex P&L.
- You have experience launching new partners or new products.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- You have experience in project management.
- You have experience with and are fluent in SQL and excel.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 3/1/24.