San Francisco, California
6 month growth↓ -9%
1 year growth↓ -17%
2 year growth↓ -31%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Master’s degree or PhD (preferred)
- Experience in a leadership role involving algorithm selection/development and team management
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in 3D data analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with cloud-based and embedded algorithm optimization
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and decision-making
- Proven experience in the management and execution of large-scale, complex technical projects
- Lead and manage a team of specialized engineers
- Direct the team in quantifying and interpreting complex radar-based measurements
- Write, review, and approve code while maintaining high standards of operational reliability and code quality
- Facilitate the creation and execution of scalable tools and processes related to collection and annotation of ground truth data
- Contribute to the technical and strategic decision-making process
- Ensure the application of best practices in design, testing, and maintenance of technology suite
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience with Radar data analysis
Density’s mission is to measure and improve our footprint on the world.
We help companies understand how their workplaces are used. We do that by observing behavior in the office through our highly accurate and always anonymous sensors. In other words: where are people actually spending their time?
We translate that data into actionable, opinionated insights that help companies increase the financial and experiential performance of any workplace.
Today, we work with companies from Fortune 500s to high growth innovators in technology, financial services and healthcare, occupying more than a billion square feet worldwide.
And we’re in it for the long game: what if we knew more, created better spaces, and could build cities that worked and felt better? That’s where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Science Manager to lead our talented team of Data Scientists responsible for count algorithms. Accurate count and position of humans in space is core to our product and vision. We seek someone with ability to build quantitatively precise, robust, and ever improving algorithms. This role will be responsible for leading a technical team, hands-on coding, and influencing the cross functional organization to improve all layers of our technology stack.
In this role you will:
- Lead and manage a team of specialized engineers, encouraging a collaborative culture and driving operational excellence.
- Creatively direct the team in quantifying and interpreting complex radar-based measurements to count and locate people in space accurately.
- Write, review and approve code while maintaining the highest standards of operational reliability and code quality.
- Facilitate the creation and execution of scalable tools and processes related to collection and annotation of ground truth data.
- Contribute to the technical and strategic decision-making process, bringing your leadership skills to bear on complex, cross-functional engineering projects.
- Ensure the application of best practices in design, testing, and maintenance of our technology suite.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a equivalent. A Master’s degree or PhD is a plus.
- Prior experience in a leadership role involving algorithm selection/development and team management.
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in 3D data analysis and machine learning algorithms. Experience with Radar data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with both cloud-based and embedded algorithm optimization.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts effectively to various stakeholders.
- Proficient in problem-solving, strategic thinking and decision-making.
- Proven experience in the management and execution of large-scale, complex technical projects.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, mental and reproductive health, 401K, equity, Flex Fridays, Remote Friendly, unlimited and mandatory PTO and more.
- A company full of fun, smart, talented and legitimately kind teammates. Our culture powers everything we do and we work hard to nurture it by bringing on the right humans.
- A team hailing from innovators like Apple, LinkedIn, Stripe, Meraki, Flexport, WeWork, NASA & beyond.
- $227M raised from investors including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund and Upfront Ventures.
- The chance to change the built world as we know it.
- You can read more about our values here.
Density provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Compensation Range:
Salary Range: $200,000 - $270,000
Preferred Primary Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
An important note on salary:
The annual pay range for this position is based on the preferred primary location of the role which is listed above. If you are applying to this role at a location that is not the preferred primary location, please keep in mind the salary range will vary and may fall outside of what is listed. Only in truly rare and exceptional circumstances, where an external candidate has experience, credentials or expertise that far exceed those required or expected for the position, would the Density consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range. Equity may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered.