Mid Market Account Executive
Posted on 2/9/2024
Automates accounts receivable and B2B payments
Versapay, a Toronto-based company with a global presence, is a leader in the Accounts Receivable Network, offering automation solutions and a next-generation B2B payments network that enhance efficiency, speed up cash flow, and significantly improve customer experience. Their competitive advantage lies in their ability to reduce time spent on accounts receivable by up to 75%, as demonstrated by their work with Würth Canada. With backing from Great Hill Partners, a renowned technology investment firm, Versapay continues to set industry standards in financial technology.
AI & Machine Learning
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 1%
2 year growth↑ 2%
Remote in USA
Sales & Account Management
- 3-5 years of B2B SaaS sales experience
- Experience in a tech startup selling into finance and exposure to accounting
- Ability to close mid-market and enterprise deals
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Competitive attitude and ability to develop business opportunities
- Strong energy and ability to sell the vision of digital transformation
- Challenger mindset with commercial insight
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Process-oriented with excellent pipeline management
- Bias toward action and overdelivering on expectations
- Represent the Versapay brand as a point of contact with potential customers
- Articulate the value proposition and educate prospects on product benefits
- Sell accounts receivable automation, collaboration, and cash application solution
- Sell digital payment services to improve efficiency and customer experience
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey
- Convert qualified leads into opportunities and close new business consistently
- Share past experiences to contribute to the sales team and company culture
- Previous experience in a tech startup selling into finance
- Exposure to accounting
- Experience handling enterprise deals
- Experience closing deals with average selling price of $50K+
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How you’ll make a huge impact here – and on your career:
This is your chance to step into the competitive and lucrative world of fintech software sales. You’ll get experience selling to and partnering with senior level execs in finance across industries such as business and technical services, wholesale/distribution, and commercial real estate across North America. You’ll own the sales cycle and have a team of specialists help to win deals: SDRs, Sales Engineers, Architects and Partners and even our leadership team roll up their sleeves to help. Join our team and let’s win together!
What you’ll do:
- Represent the Versapay brand as one of the first points of contact with potential customers! That means articulating the value proposition and educating prospects on how our product can provide a customer-centric experience to get paid faster, streamline their operations and reduce DSO and costs.
- Sell our famous accounts receivable automation, collaboration, and cash application solution as well as digital payment services to make these companies much more efficient and to bring them an ability to create a better customer experience.
- Sell the vision of Digital Transformation as it pertains to the Invoice-to-Cash process to create a very customer friendly experience for your clients’ end-customers. This is both an emotional sale for an innovative solution, as well as one that delivers a great ROI.
- Own your patch and set strategy of where we target business, travelling to meet clients (when we can) and from time to time, represent us at trade shows and industry events.
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey, dissecting and qualifying their business goals to determine if Versapay can be a strategic investment for them to get paid faster and provide a great online experience for their customers.
- Get to know how a CFO or CIO thinks about their business and what Controllers and Treasurers value most, and as you learn about digital payments and the flow of money, create amazing relationships and inspire these stakeholders to push the boundaries of their financial operations with our platform and payment services.
- Convert qualified leads from our BDR team into opportunities and close new business consistently at or above quota level, collaborating with your BDR counterpart on the outbound targets and campaigns, managing a growing funnel of opportunities in Salesforce and using other tools to give you a defined approach.
- Sharing your past experiences on how we can approach a problem and ultimately contribute to our awesome culture and make Versapay a great place to learn, grow and accelerate careers! Your voice matters and we always test and try before we go all in on the Sales team.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of B2B SaaS sales experience - bonus points for previous experience in a tech startup selling into finance and exposure to accounting (even if it’s limited). At least one year handling some enterprise deals
- Able to close mid-market deals without executive sponsorship. Able to close Enterprise deals with executive level engagement
- A competitive attitude with an aptitude for developing your own business opportunities and seeing them through to final sale
- Strong track record of success crushing sales quotas and comfortable closing deals with an average selling price of $50K+.
- Great energy that people gravitate toward and are able to sell the vision of digital transformation in the invoice-to-cash process to create a customer-centric experience for our clients’ end-customers. This is both an emotional sale for an innovative solution with your Technical Users and Buyers and a rational one that delivers great ROI for your Economic Buyers
- A Challenger- able to lead with commercial insight, teaching your customers, tailoring your conversations, and taking control of the sales process
- A natural learner- Curious, confident and enthusiastic. You love to ask questions and deeply understand your customer’s problems.
- Well organized and can handle managing a lot of moving pieces at once, coordinating internal teams to bring the best that Versapay can offer to your clients.
- Process-oriented and are an expert at maintaining excellent pipeline hygiene and accurate forecasting.
- A bias toward action, love to dive in, and get stuff done, overdelivering on expectations and creating plans to close gaps in the forecast as they arise.
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.