We’re here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We’re creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we’re always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you’ll do work that’s as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we’ll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
Since March 2020, our Zoomers have worked remotely and reported an overall better work-life balance with more time for family and personal wellness.
At the end of 2021, LegalZoom made the official commitment to being a remote-first company. Remote-first means that there is no expectation that Zoomers come into an office for a fixed number of days outside of those employees identified as essential onsite workers. While we remain a remote-first culture, our local offices have evolved as collaboration spaces for Zoomers to meet and engage in person.
This position will be on-site in Beaverton, OR.
LegalZoom is an innovative company pioneering solutions in postal automation, and while the software side expands, we need the physical side to meet it. The Assistant Manager (ASM) in Mail Operations is a skilled and motivated leader responsible for direct leadership of hourly employees in day-to-day functions.
- Lead a team of 15 to 20 operators ensuring KPIs and metrics are being met, making adjustments as required.
- Proactively deep dive variations in team performance
- Work with the Manager to implement weekly plans and adjust that plan as needed.
- Effectively influence and inspire the team to meet the department’s daily goals.
- Create a positive climate in which people on the team feel motivated to complete the required tasks.
- Demonstrate respect for your team members.
- Understand the business and identify potential areas of improvement from a technical perspective or regulatory risk.
- Communicate with Managers and counterparts to provide support to other shifts.
- Under the direction of the Manager, assess and monitor the flow of mail in the process area of responsibility and provide information.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in your area and provide technical problem solving for errors and issues in the assigned department.
- Hold periodic team meetings with the team members in your designated department.
- Have the ability to think on your feet, assess situations, take corrective action and communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Ensure that strategically progressive actions are consistently implemented across all tasks to improve efficiency and standardize process workflows to meet KPI goals
- Create a variety of tickets on various Customer Success and IT concerns using the appropriate communication tools.
- Assist in the development and testing of new products within your department.
- Work with stakeholders to solve interdepartmental issues when needed.
- 2+ years of direct management experience managing hourly front-line employees
- 2+ years of employee coaching (reviews, disciplinary action, development, etc.)
- Ability to problem solve and implement solutions quickly in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Excellent verbal communication, and the ability to convey important information clearly and effectively
- Strong leadership and initiative
- Excellent delegator and mediator
- Excellent time management
- Responsible, goal oriented and organized
- Strong attention to detail and able to multitask
- Confident, proactive, and willing to take on workplace challenges
- Great listening skills and able to take direction from individuals in higher-level positions
- Likable by most and able to motivate others
- Remote Employees should confirm that the internet service available has adequate bandwidth to support all work processes.
LegalZoom is a remote-first company and the national range for this role is ($44,100 - $70,000). Actual compensation offered will depend on several factors including but not limited to: geographic location, work experience, education, skill level, and/or other business and organizational needs. In addition, an annual bonus, incentive bonus and/or restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package. You will also receive a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits as seen below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Plus other wellness benefits to include:
- Mental Health
- One Medical
- Fringe lifestyle benefits up to $250
For onsite roles or roles that require periodic onsite visits, LegalZoom requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before starting work, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. LegalZoom will require proof of vaccination before a successful applicant’s first day of work, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not LegalZoom undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.