Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is looking to hire inquisitive college students, recent graduates or graduate students to help put together Forbes’ annual rankings of America’s best colleges. This position will focus on collecting and analyzing the education data underpinning the top colleges list. This position will begin in mid-June and continue through August, though dates are flexible. It is a paid position, with the opportunity to write and report original education stories for Forbes.com.
- Collecting education data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, College Scorecard, Third Way and other third-party sources.
- Creating a database of noteworthy alumni for the Forbes American Leaders list.
- Performing data analysis in Microsoft Excel in accordance with Forbes’ rankings methodology.
- Spot-checking rankings and preparing data for upload into the Forbes’ wealth system.
- Generating story ideas to publish alongside the completed list.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with or interest in federal education data
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Flexibility and an interest to pitch in where needed
How to Apply:
We will be accepting applications through March 30, 2023. In your application, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing yourself, why you’re interested in Forbes and what you can bring to the Forbes newsroom
- 3 written clips (reporting that utilizes data preferred)
Candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted on a rolling basis.
The hourly rate for this role is $24.00 - $24.00
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice