The Physical Security Team falls under the Operations Division that runs many day-to-day operational functions that help keep our employees safe, happy and productive. We work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog continues to scale rapidly, yet smoothly, and remains a fantastic place to work.
The Systems Specialist, Physical Security will be a key player on the Datadog Physical Security team. You will support and drive innovation and operational efficiencies by implementing physical security technologies globally, including finding integration solutions between complex physical security access systems, and creating frictionless experiences for our Office Operations teams and employees.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure operational availability and lead the growth of Datadog Physical Security technology program, including all integrations, dataflows, configuration and dependencies
- Set up, configure, and fortify all technical security devices and platforms
- Provide escalation support for our Office Ops team and other dependent teams
- Project manage multiple high profile CCTV and Access Control programs across the globe consisting of enhancement, audit and end-of-life driven activities
- Provide administration and support of Datadog’s mass notification platform
- Maintain databases, datasets, and logical access to all technical security systems
- Regular audit of all physical security systems for compliance to internal standards
- Initial stage Physical Security related Investigations and case management
- Support cross-functional business teams with requests for workflows, features, and integrations
- Foster close collaboration with partners in IT, including our Information Security, Networking Infrastructure and Support teams
- Manage technical security incidents at enterprise level, provide timely updates, and drive root cause analysis to ensure issues do not reoccur
- Drive heavy research and development cycles for emerging physical security technologies
Who You Are:
- Proven experience with and demonstrated skilled knowledge of enterprise level Access Control and CCTV Systems
- Experience as a technical security engineer or similar professional experience
- Depth of technical skills across physical security technology, including all core IT dependencies for hardware and software deployments
- A passion and ability for building things
- Managing integrations between multiple physical security systems
- Experience deploying resilient, scalable solutions that are frictionless for end users
- Track record of establishing and driving the delivery of large-scale, complex technical security projects on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail
- Proven experience managing day-to-day technical security vendors in multiple regions
- 5+ years experience in corporate technical security positions, with a primary focus on IP based access control and surveillance systems
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- High income earning opportunities based on individual performance
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
- Giving programs
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $109,000.00 - $160,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.