Outbound – Customer Solutions Consultant
Posted on 1/10/2024
Online brokerage for small business insurance
Simply Business, a leading online business insurance brokerage, has a proven track record of providing comprehensive, tailored insurance solutions to over 900,000 small businesses and landlords in the UK and Boston. The company's customer-centric approach, combined with its adept use of technology and data, simplifies the insurance-buying process, empowering entrepreneurs and earning it recognition as the #1 Best Company To Work For by the Sunday Times in 2015 and 2016. Furthermore, Simply Business's B-Corp certification in 2017 underscores its commitment to societal and environmental responsibility.
Data & Analytics
null, United Kingdom
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↑ 20%
Sales & Account Management
Customer Success & Support
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in telephone sales or transferable skills demonstrating relevant experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Curiosity and desire to develop in a sales role
- Making outbound calls to sell insurance policies
- Following the sales and renewals processes through to completion
- Ensuring accuracy of card payment details and direct debits
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Training on the system and communication with customers to deliver a high-quality experience
- Experience in a sales role
- Caring about the customers and a desire to be there for them
- Balancing work and life goals
- Curiosity, creativity, and championing colleagues and customers
Starting Salary of £25,480 plus commission OTE of £31,000-34,000 in year 1.
Our Insurance Sales Consultants are pivotal to understanding the needs of and providing solutions to prospective customers.
Our Insurance Sales Consultants do this by making outbound calls to sell insurance policies following the sales and renewals processes through to completion. Making sure card payment details and direct debits are accurate while always providing exceptional customer service.
If you’re able to work well under pressure, and are naturally curious, we’d love for you to apply. We’re looking for someone that’s excited to develop in a sales role. You’ll need experience working in a regulated environment and telephone sales, or be able to show transferable skills demonstrating relevant experience that’d make you a great fit for this role.
You’ll thrive in this role if you care about the customers you are speaking with and have a desire to be there for our customers and help to make it simple. We’ll train you on our system, as well as all the ways we like to communicate with our customers, to deliver a high-quality experience.
The role has a starting salary of £25,480 and uncapped commission with a realistic OTE of £31,000 - £34,000 in year 1. You can increase your salary once every twelve months, with half-year reviews to £27,560 then £30,160, and finally £33,756, all while earning an uncapped commission.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits including:
• 25 Days annual holiday
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
• smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP and a health cash plan that reimburses your everyday medical expenses
• a dedicated learning platform that lets you balance both work and life goals
At Simply Business, we are a diverse, ambitious community driven by our mission to be a force for good. We value diverse backgrounds to give a balance of voices and perspectives. We care deeply about making a positive impact and we want people who are curious, creative, and champion themselves, their colleagues, and our customers. We’re a disability confident employer, we’ll do all we can to help with your application and are happy to discuss any adjustments you may need.
Above all, we’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
• you’ll be working up to one day per week/month from our Northampton hub, subject to team needs
• we’ll provide all the equipment you need to work from home on the other days, you’ll need a broadband connection with a speed of 20Mbps or more
Want to know what the process looks like? See below:
• application (5-7 mins) – fill in your details and answer some screening questions
• situational judgement test (20-30 mins) – an engaging platform where you’ll find out what it’s like to work in the role
• recruiter call (10-15 mins) – should you score well in the above, one of our team will be in touch to discuss your application and discuss the next steps.
• final Interview (90 mins) – a face-to-face meeting with one of our team managers
• decision (24-48hrs) – one of our recruiters will be in touch to explain your application outcome and next steps
PLEASE NOTE: whilst we aim to reply to everyone, due to application volumes, we will at the very least send you an email with your application status with a contact to follow up for any queries.