Apollo.io combines a buyer database of over 250M contacts and powerful sales engagement and automation tools in one, easy to use platform. Trusted by over 160,000 companies including Autodesk, Rippling, Deel, Jasper.ai, Divvy, and Heap, Apollo has more than one million users globally. By helping sales professionals find their ideal buyers and intelligently automate outreach, Apollo helps go-to-market teams sell anything.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022. This year, we continue to grow faster each month with record months of sales and added ARR. We hope you apply.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
YOUR ROLE & MISSION
As a Sr. Backend Software Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career. You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, analytics, as well as teams outside of Engineering. You enjoy working cross functionally to solve hard problems and make an impact. At Apollo, you strive for quality, and are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. You have a drive to constantly investigate performance improvements and innovative ideas.
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NodeJS on the front end, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/Redis/Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure.
DAILY ADVENTURES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement highly scalable backend endpoints
- Gather product requirements and write design docs to satisfy product needs
- Drive/Lead full lifecycle of software development: product requirements, architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Mentor others on best practices and effectively share knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate development progress to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Be comfortable introducing new technologies and new ideas as required
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in scrum ceremony meetings, team parties, and manager 1:1s
- Provide feedback to co-workers in written and verbal form and respond to technical and behavioral feedback from managers and peers
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in backend development, at least 1-2 years in senior positions, developing large-scale applications
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience developing distributed web applications
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
- Experience with database modeling (SQL or NoSQL both OK)
- Experience with using and designing RESTful services
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
Must have: Communication Skills, Problem Solving, Proactivity, Team Player, Listening Skills, Creativity and Innovation, Organization and Planning, Dealing with Ambiguity, Ownership of projects from start to finish, Distributed Web Development
Nice to have: BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Mongo, Redis, Ruby on Rails, Microservices
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!