Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Meet the Team:
We are the Payments team dedicated to bringing a convenient, secure, and successful payments experience to Rover customers on our platform. Our team’s directives include:
- Provide a robust payments platform to support business growth - We continue to improve our platform by expanding our payment offerings, optimizing checkout flows, and reducing our bottom line expenses with high-impact and high-visibility projects.
- Ensure customers can pay and providers get paid promptly - We own the integrations with our payment service providers, ensure PCI compliance, and provide a great customer experience for all the money that flows through our marketplace, including payins & payouts.
- Ensure financial transaction completeness, accuracy, and auditability.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a hardworking Software Engineer to join our Payments team. You’ll primarily be responsible for the business-critical task of collecting, storing, and distributing payments for all our services on Rover. Ideally, you’ll have experience working with the backend, developing software that interacts with other systems. You will also have the opportunity to work on unifying our payment flows in React Native, help build additional payment methods on Rover, work on large, complex datasets, and contribute to other high-impact and high-visibility projects. We look forward to your application.
- 3+ years experience as a professional software developer.
- Hands-on experience with backend development.
- Proficiency in working with Python and Django.
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- Experience with relational databases and schema design.
- Experience building and migrating large, complex systems.
Your Bonus Skills:
- Experience using 3rd party payment processors APIs like Stripe, Braintree, or Paypal.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high-quality, scalable, supportable solutions.
- We are curious and passionate about learning and providing the right environment and resources for professional growth.
- We are committed to building, fostering, and maintaining a culture of inclusivity and diversity on our teams and products.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices, including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing, and deployment. Our engineers merge their branches, and it ships.
- We’re serious about the quality of our production operation and have a thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We’re thoughtful and passionate about data-driven decision-making.
- Our teams are integrated with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You’re qualified for the position, and your values align with Rover’s Core Values.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You’re eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You’re able to take loose requirements, work with others to determine what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You can be your own QA team.
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship it and when to put in the extra time to polish it.
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Company Equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $120,618 - $154,391. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to all employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committedto work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.