Updated on 2/23/2024
Global provider of earned media software and services
Cision stands as a global leader in providing earned media software and services, offering a competitive edge through its ability to connect users with key influencers, distribute strategic content, and measure impact effectively. The company's culture is rooted in amplifying significant moments, leveraging a distribution platform trusted by numerous journalists and media outlets. With a reach extending to over 200,000 newsrooms, 20,000 journalist and influencer inboxes, and 8,000 websites and digital outlets, Cision's 65 years of industry experience ensures your story gains optimal visibility and engagement.
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↑ 5%
Vienna, VA, USA
Business & Strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two to three years of related accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, Power BI, SQL)
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and data integrity
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan effectively, work well under pressure, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Completing month-end tasks associated with closing the financial results
- Financial analytics, reconciliations, and assisting with the financial audits
- Collaborating with internal and external teams for flux analysis and providing support as necessary
- Contributing to the month-end closing process by preparing accounting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and analyzing financial results
- Utilizing analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Power BI, SQL) to analyze financial data and provide insights
- Actively participating in process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial operations
- Proposing and implementing changes to streamline existing processes, reducing manual effort, and minimizing errors
- Maintaining comprehensive documentation of financial processes, procedures, and workflows
- Knowledge of NetSuite
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
The Staff Accountant is an integral member of the Accounting team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for completing month-end tasks associated with closing the financial results, financial analytics, reconciliations, and assisting with the financial audits. The position will provide exposure to many aspects of Cision through reporting and analysis of actual results. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborate with internal and external teams such as international accounting teams, FP&A, legal, external consultants in relation to flux analysis and providing support as necessary.
- Contribute to the month-end closing process by preparing accounting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and analyzing financial results.
- Utilize analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Power BI, SQL) and techniques to analyze financial data and provide insights.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial operations.
- Propose and implement changes to streamline existing processes, reducing manual effort and minimizing errors.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of financial processes, procedures, and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least two to three years of related accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles.
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, Power BI, SQL).
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and data integrity.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan effectively, work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. High degree of initiative.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision’s award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Cision will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.