Backend Engineer II
Posted on 2/13/2024
Integrated virtual healthcare and navigation provider
Grand Rounds Health, now Included Health, is a leader in the healthcare industry, providing integrated virtual care and navigation that is accessible to all, regardless of their health journey or care requirements. The company's competitive advantage lies in its data-driven approach, which enhances the member experience and leads to improved clinical and financial outcomes. Their inclusive culture, commitment to high-quality care, and personalized virtual and in-person services for a range of health needs, from everyday and urgent care to primary, behavioral, and specialty care, set them apart in the industry.
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -6%
1 year growth↓ -13%
2 year growth↓ -48%
Remote in USA
- 3+ years experience in building and maintaining consumer grade web applications
- Solid understanding of full-stack web development, including modern frontend frameworks, APIs, and backend services
- Strong programming skills and CS fundamentals
- High growth mindset, continuously looking to recognize growth areas and improve technical and non-technical skills
- Partner with product managers to lead the technical planning of ambitious member experience improvements
- Contribute across the full stack of web technology, frontend, API, backend
- Design systems that span multiple services to enable consistent, fast, clean data flow
- Own the development of certain Treat features around telemedicine
- Swiftly address any issues and invest in resolutions that improve the product’s reliability going forward
- Identify areas of technical debt and influence roadmap plans with smart solutions
- Participate in and influence technical decisions of the wider Applications Engineering org
- Promote software engineering best practices across teams
- Familiarity with Golang, React, TypeScript, NextJS, GraphQL, Django, HL7, FHIR, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Python
At Included Health, our mission is to serve members better and more affordable care, and to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We fill in the gaps of American healthcare to deliver you a seamless experience, instead of the fragmentation we’ve all encountered.
Our Treat Engineering team collaborates closely with Product Management and Design to scale and strengthen the healthcare experiences for our members and clinicians. Our powerful healthcare app includes personalized Provider matching, 24/7 Telemedicine+, Expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans, and medical claims advocacy. Our Treat organization’s mission is to deliver healthy outcomes for our members. We are focused on helping members engage with our medical and behavioral health practice through Telemedicine as well as continue to advocate, advise and inform them along their healthcare journey.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing Treat Engineering team to help build our products in a fast, accessible, and intuitive way. You will closely partner with our Product and Design teams on application design, user experience, developer workflows, deployment strategies, and testing of the applications.
- You are excited about being on a growing high performance team.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done.
- You are an exceptional problem solver utilizing first-principles thinking.
- You enjoy a solid technical debate with smart, thoughtful peers.
- You tend to become a subject matter expert in any code you dive into, and demonstrate strong product ownership in your team’s work.
- You have significant professional experience in building and maintaining consumer grade web applications, suggested 3+ years experience.
- You have a solid understanding of full-stack web development, including modern frontend frameworks, APIs, and backend services. You have strong programming skills, CS fundamentals, and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- You consider yourself a high growth individual, continuously looking to recognize growth areas and improve in both technical and non-technical skills.
- You are eager to learn from feedback, and in turn give your peers feedback that helps the team grow together.
What you will do:
- Partner with product managers to lead the technical planning of ambitious member experience improvements.
- Contribute across the full stack of web technology, frontend, API, backend.
- Design systems that span multiple services to enable consistent, fast, clean data flow.
- Own the development of certain Treat features around telemedicine: virtual behavior health and virtual primary care experiences.
- Swiftly address any issues and invest in resolutions that improve the product’s reliability going forward.
- Identify areas of technical debt and influence roadmap plans with smart solutions.
- Participate in and influence technical decisions of the wider Applications Engineering org.
- Promote software engineering best practices across teams.
Technologies we use now or may use in the future:
- Familiarity with these technologies is a bonus, but we care more about your ability to choose the right tool for the job and quickly ramp up on technologies that are new to you. We encourage you to apply if you feel you meet most but not all of the above requirements.
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: 132,400 - 196,950 + equity + benefits
Zone B: 110,300 - 164,150 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health’s commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone’s unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share details of your geographic alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to receiving a competitive pay, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through FidelityComprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.