Datadog Sales Engineers help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs). Sales Engineers have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners. Additionally, you will work with various teams to resolve customer concerns, escalate bug issues, and serve as an ambassador for our brand. If you want to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, we’d love to meet you!
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the sales team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Continually learn new technology to build competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Deliver product and technical presentations with potential clients
- Have a direct line of communication with the product team to collaborate on feature requests
- Help clients onboard the product and assist when they run into roadblocks.
- Think creatively about a wide variety of technical challenges during the pre-sales life cycle
Who You Are:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with DevOps monitoring or architecture tools.
- Comfortable and confident in delivering technical presentations/demos to either external customers or internal teams
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You’re going to find new things every day
- Previously experienced in systems administrations: Windows or Linux
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites
- Able to travel via auto, train or air up to 25% of the time
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $73,000.00 - $107,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.