Santa Clara, California
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 4%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms, and software design
- Ability to lead and execute complex projects
- Experience in problem identification and troubleshooting engineering problems
- Experience in system integration and final testing of new product designs
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others
- Lead and/or develop and execute complex projects
- Attend design reviews and provide input to meet market requirement specifications
- Write detailed specifications for subsystem modules
- Create concepts for complex architectural design approaches
- Support system integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs
- Interface with other groups to work out design, systems architecture development, and integration issues
- Certifications in relevant field
- Experience working with vendors to develop new competitive products
- Lead and/or develop and execute complex projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design; and attend design reviews and provide input to meet market requirement specifications (MRS) and hardware/software specifications. Ensure designs meet market requirement specifications (MRS). Coordinate with project marketing and management to understand system requirements. Be able to chair architecture brainstorming meetings and drive the systems process to down select to a final architecture of a top level system.
- Write detailed specifications that cover all aspects of subsystem modules including interfaces to the product by using systems analysis to create a diagram. Create concepts for complex architectural design approaches. Lead team evaluations of architectures to provide recommendation for best system solution approach.
- Provide feedback on variety of components and modules.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of difficult, complex engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Interface with other groups to workout design, systems architecture development and integration issues.
- Define all equipment interfaces and systems architecture and insure they are up to date and documented.
- Work with vendors to develop new competitive products, including development of key suppliers.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$140,000.00 - $192,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.