New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 12%
- 5+ years of experience on a People Team
- Direct experience in benefits and/or payroll
- Experience with UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro) is a plus
- Partner with Sr. Manager, Payroll to run accurate and on time payroll processes across all geographies
- Execute day-to-day management of health and welfare plans
- Work with employees and People Business Partners on Leave of Absence and Accommodation requests
- Oversee visa application and renewal process including H1Bs, Green Cards, and temporary work visas
- Highly organized and meticulous about detail and accuracy
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and work well with fast-changing priorities
- Collaborative and cross-functional mindset
- Continuous learner with a positive attitude
- Strong communication and supportive skills
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
The Harry’s Inc working model is in-office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Our beautiful 70,000 square foot SoHo office is decked out with bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom!
About the People Team
The People Team at Harry’s is here to make Harry’s a better place to do great work, grow our people, and build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
As the People Operations Manager, you will be an integral part of the People Team with a focus on US, UK and Canada payroll, immigration, leave of absence management, and US benefits. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited about creating and refining our foundational processes to better support our employee experience.
Communication and collaboration will be key for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the People team as well as our cross-functional partners in Finance and Legal. You will also be a critical support for employees, handling confidential questions and concerns quickly and effectively.
What you will accomplish:
- Partner with Sr. Manager, Payroll to run accurate and on time payroll processes across all geographies, including US, Canada, and UK. Support in payroll and tax reconciliations and audits and partner with Finance on year-end reporting.
- Execute day-to-day management of our health and welfare plans, in partnership with our benefit providers and brokers. Support in management of benefits vendors. Assist with US benefits renewal on an annual basis.
- Work with employees and our People Business Partners on Leave of Absence and Accommodation requests. Manage the leave process and paperwork, including Family Medical Leave, statutory filings for disability and NY Paid Family Leave benefits.
- Oversee visa application and renewal process including H1Bs, Green Cards, and temporary work visas. Interface and act as the main liaison with immigration attorneys, and ensure filings are completed timely, and immigration files are kept up to date.
This should describe you:
- You have 5+ years of experience on a People Team, with direct experience in benefits and/or payroll. UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro) experience is a plus!
- You sweat the small stuff. You’re highly organized, meticulous about detail and accuracy and get excited about process improvement.
- You have excellent judgment. You have a strong ability to independently make prudent, well-informed decisions and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You’re great at multitasking and work well with fast-changing priorities. You can juggle (not literally but that skill is welcome too!) multiple projects and tasks at the same time without losing focus. You know how to preserve through all challenges while staying positive.
- You understand that the nature of Ops is highly collaborative and a cross-functional support department and get excited to partner with others
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here’s who you’ll work with:
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, People Operations
- Partner closely with the People team (People Business Partners and Recruiting)
- Work cross-functionally with our US and UK Finance and Legal teams
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Flexible time off and working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- 4 weeks sabbatical after 5 years, 6 weeks after 10 years, and 8 weeks after 15 years
- Up to 20 weeks of pregnancy leave and up to 16 weeks of parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $91,600-$125,950, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.