New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 15%
1 year growth↑ 10%
2 year growth↑ 33%
- Bachelor’s degree
- HACCP Certification
- 5 years of Food Safety & Quality in food and manufacturing experience in compliance with FSMA under GFSI standards
- Extensive knowledge of product development, production processes, and food safety principles
- Proficiency in Google Systems and Microsoft Word / Excel
- Build and maintain dashboards to monitor food safety and quality KPIs
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Perform food safety, quality & regulatory risk assessments and audits
- Collect and study data to understand trends and issues
- Manage activities related to reviewing, monitoring and assessing the integrity of a contract manufacturer’s adherence to food safety and quality expectations
- Lead cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence to QA initiatives and process improvement
- Implement processes and procedures within the assigned technical area(s) of responsibility
- Direct day to day activities within assigned areas of responsibility
- Interface with and appropriately engage the support of subject matter experts to assure regulatory compliance, food safety and quality
- Collaborate directly with Product development, external manufacturers, supplier teams to ensure early management tools are used for all new product start-ups
- Willingness to travel 30% - 50% of the time as needed
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You’ll Come In
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory. This person will ensure every customer can trust our brand to offer the highest quality product. They are responsible for the implementation of processes and procedures to support Quality Management Systems. We’re seeking someone with the ability to effectively communicate all quality concerns/risks, improvements and strategies to the team. They will support and work directly with our manufacturing partners, product development teams (internal and external), suppliers and fulfillment centers to create and optimize processes and verify all ingredients and products we produce meet our specifications, and are handled properly from supplier to customer.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Build and maintain dashboards to monitor food safety and quality KPIs, striving to continually improve metrics
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions, ensuring we address all customer feedback and improve our customers’ experience with our products
- Perform food safety, quality & regulatory risk assessments and audits to validate new manufacturing partners, suppliers and fulfillment centers
- Collect and study data to understand trends and issues in order to provide input to decisions related to product safety and quality. Collaborates with other functions to advance awareness and education of food safety and quality based on data collected.
- Manages activities related to reviewing, monitoring and assessing the integrity of a contract manufacturer’s adherence to our food safety and quality expectations.
- Consistently demonstrate a proactive approach towards complex solutions
- Expertise in problem solving skills with communication and influence skills to implement resolution.
- Leads cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence to QA initiatives and process improvement of our contract manufacturers.
- Implements processes and procedures within the assigned technical area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs day to day activities within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Interfaces with and appropriately engages the support of subject matter experts to assure regulatory compliance, food safety and quality.
- Strong demonstration of Project Management skills
- Courage to make difficult decisions and stand your ground
- Experience collaborating with co-manufacturers and suppliers’ QA teams, product development teams, and external service providers.
- Provides technical data and decision-making support in managing situations and issues relative to quality and/or food safety.Collaborate directly with Product development, external manufacturers, supplier teams to ensure early management tools are used for all new product start-ups.
We’re Excited About You Because
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are willing to travel 30% - 50% of the time as needed.
- You are HACCP Certified.
- You bring 5 years of Food Safety & Quality in food and manufacturing experience in compliance with FSMA under GFSI standards, with a minimum of 5 years managing food safety programs at third party manufacturers.
- You have extensive knowledge of product development, production processes, and food safety principles.
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and documentation requirements.
- Understanding of industry standards for Food Safety and Quality.
- You are proficient in Google Systems and Microsoft Word / Excel
Our DEI PhilosophyOur company’s mission is rooted in deep, genuine care for dogs – and for the people who love them. As an organization we are full of individuals who are unique in many ways, but all united in a mission of providing true peace of mind to dog lovers everywhere. Fixing this industry and improving the lives of pets and their people will be a difficult, decades-long endeavor. We believe the best use of our time, energy, and resources as a collective team is to focus on this mission, and on supporting our team to do their best work and be their best selves. In support of this we’re committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce, and investing in internal structures, opportunities, hiring/promotions processes, and training that create and sustain an inclusive team. We strive to provide an experience at TFD that will be invested, meaningful and memorable as we progress on the journey to reimagine how we feed and care for our pets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Company sponsored mental health benefit and coaching through Modern Health
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug