We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Safety is a top priority at Coupang and all Coupang hires must have a safety-first mindset. The Operations Lead will perform various duties within assigned department to facilitate operations safely at the Riverside Fulfillment Center (FC). Areas responsible may include but not limited to Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS), Quality, Inbound, Inventory, Replenishment, Outbound, and Maintenance. As a leader of the team, you will provide safety leadership, train new hires, be a key contributor in safety programs, participate in department meetings, engage other FC workers, assist in developing standard operating procedures, and generate necessary reports.
- Provide training for new hires and existing workers on various topics including safety, quality, operations, maintenance, and others as required.
- Provide oversight and direction to FC workers.
- Ensure all required trainings are completed.
- Develop solutions to issues that come up in the FC.
- Engage FC workers, encouraging a safe and positive work environment.
- Assist in developing and ensuring execution of standard operating procedures.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Operate an RF gun/PDA device.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards in the FC.
- Oversee operational processes to ensure correct inventory levels and that orders are completed accurately and on time
- Review workload and assign tasks to employees
- Properly train and coach warehouse team and provide positive developmental opportunities; recommend disciplinary actions as needed
- Correctly utilize a warehouse management system and maintain appropriate work documents
- Establish, maintain, and promote exceptional customer service
- Correctly interpret and enforce company policies and safety procedures to ensure compliance; safely operate various equipment and tools
- Provide support and backup to warehouse management
- Proactive critical thinking and problem-solving
- Able to supervise and lead a team
- Effective communicator
- Basic math
- Computer literacy
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Lead worker training and development
- Ensure workers following the SOP in all areas of the department
- Coach and mentor worker’s
- Coordinates and provide training to workers as needed
- Identify and report failures related to safety, operations, SOP execution, and any other significant issues that arise.
- Medium to loud noise levels
- High and low warehouse seasonal temperatures
- Minimal exposure to dust
- Steel-toed shoes/boots required
- Must be able to remain in stationary position (sit and stand) for 10+ hours
- Must be able to stand, move, and walk for 10+ hours
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs of exerted force
Preferred education and experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One year+ experience with leading and training
- Some experience working in a warehouse environment
- Forklift experience
- Problem solver/lead experience
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship to Coupang. If you have a disability and consider that you may require an adjustment to Coupang’s recruitment process, please contact [email protected]
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
Hourly pay rates range from $23 to $25, plus any overtime. Pay rate depends on position, shift, and experience. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Financial Wellness Benefit with Access to No-Cost Loans, Free Webinars, and Personal Financial Advice
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Paid Sick days
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Paid Holidays and 1 Paid Diversity Day Per Year
- Voluntary Benefit Options
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].