Private Wealth Management Summer Internship
San Francisco-June 2024 start
Posted on 9/19/2023
Personalized wealth management for fulfilling lifestyles.
Brighton Jones stands out as a company that prioritizes aligning individual values with financial goals, offering a unique approach to wealth management that goes beyond mere financial stability to encompass overall happiness. Their dynamic financial planning adapts to changing situations, ensuring a tailored and evolving strategy for each client. This focus on personal fulfillment and adaptability sets them apart in the industry, making them a compelling choice for those seeking a holistic approach to wealth management.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -4%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 12%
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- A high degree of personal integrity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflows
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with clients and co-workers
- Must be a self-starter and proactively manage workload, communications, and ownership of tasks
Are you ready to make a positive impact on clients, colleagues, and the global community? Do you value commitment, curiosity, continuous growth, compassion, community, and collaboration?
Join us at Brighton Jones; our purpose is to make the world a better place through our clients living richer lives. We are the largest RIA in the Pacific Northwest, headquartered in Seattle, with offices nationwide. From the very start, we have been an award-winning organization, from countless Best Places to Work awards — including Seattle Business Magazine’s Best Companies to Work for 15 years in a row — to national and regional Community Impact awards, we pride ourselves in our culture and giving back to our community. We are industry leaders and pioneers in financial wellbeing with a focus on helping our clients align their wealth, passions, and purpose so they can pursue a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
Our team-based, client-centric approach has fueled our growth over the last 20+ years, and we’re now 250 teammates strong and growing, serving more than 4,000 clients, and advising on over $19 billion+ in assets. Every teammate has a path to ownership in the firm. We’re looking for driven individuals who bring a "How can I help?" attitude to their work and are passionate about contributing to and celebrating the success of both clients and colleagues. Join our #OneTeam and be part of an industry leader committed to creating an incredible culture where every teammate can thrive.
Do you have an interest in Personal Financial Planning and a passion for numbers and helping people? Brighton Jones is looking for a dynamic Summer Intern to join our team this summer. Our summer internship program offers exposure and hands-on opportunities to learn the fundamentals of wealth management and how we serve our clients through our Personal CFO approach. Interns will be placed into a client service team to learn from seasoned professionals and complete various client-specific projects. You’ll jump into the starting line-up of an award-winning team with an incredible company culture.
Take our Values in Action Self-Assessment to see how our values align!
Our Internship Program Offers the Following and More:
- Opportunity to work on special projects as you learn and get exposure to different areas of the business (client service, business development, philanthropy, investments, marketing, operations, financial literacy, tax planning, MESI, etc.)
- Collaborate with seasoned professionals on various projects and initiatives.
- Participate in team activities and “fun committee” events.
- Volunteer company-sponsored non-profit organizations.
- Priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply by November 30th, 2023.
- Rising seniors are preferred.
- The program is set to begin in mid/late June.
- Availability to work Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
- The program is 8 weeks and in-office.
- This is a temporary, non-exempt/hourly position.
Skills & Attributes We Look For:
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- A high degree of personal integrity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflows.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with clients and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter and proactively manage workload, communications, and ownership of tasks.
- Pay: $18.50 per hour
Our #OneTeam feels a sense of connection, pride, and ownership with our mission, vision, values, and objectives. We are committed to building a business where 100% of our team members genuinely love where they work and are supported by their colleagues. We do this through building authentic relationships with one another, supporting each other to continuously learn and grow, working hard while having lots of fun, and giving back to our community.
We are a team founded on equity and respect, and we’re on a mission to help our clients, teammates, and global community thrive. Brighton Jones is committed to building a team comprised of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. We actively foster a compassionate and inclusive culture, one in which all members of the greater Brighton Jones family feel safe to express their unique identities and empowered to reach their full potential.
To the right individual, we offer very competitive compensation, benefits package, and rewarding career opportunities. If you’ve been reading this job description thinking to yourself, this is the place for me, include in your cover letter why you’re excited to join our growing #OneTeam and be sure to describe how the opportunity aligns with your career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or caste. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What To Expect In The Hiring Process
1. Values in Action Self-Assessment - At Brighton Jones we don’t just talk about our values, we live by them! We’ve operationalized our values into behaviors and part of the application process includes completing a brief self-assessment on our Values in Action.
2. Initial Interview - This 30-min chat with a recruiter or hiring manager gives us a chance to learn about your background and goals and share more about the role and company.
3. Role Alignment - Next you’ll meet with the hiring manager and a peer (virtual or in-person) to dive deeper into the role, responsibilities, and your transferrable experiences.
4. Full Loop - You’ll meet the team in two, back-to-back interviews with team members you’re likely to work with. During these conversations, we’ll be listening for examples of your technical skills as well as how core values show up in your experience. There may also be a writing sample, role play, hiring, or technical assessment depending on the position.
5. Personal Reference Calls - In this final step in the hiring process, you will be asked to arrange 1-2 personal reference calls with past managers of our choosing.
6. What’s Next - Interviewing is time consuming and stressful, and we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us. Whatever the final decision, we’ll let you know our decision as quickly as we can. If this role isn’t a good fit, we invite you to stay connected and apply again.