Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
You will be joining a high impact, motivated engineering team who are responsible for providing a CI (Continuous Integration) /CD (Continuous Delivery) platform together with automated pipeline implementations across a global engineering community. The solutions that you and your team provide will facilitate the delivery of world class products to our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to not only provide an immediate impact but to also shape and deliver strategic implementations that will evolve our CI/CD platform to fulfil best current practices and to exceed reliability, scale and demand expectations.
Given the varied nature of the role, your time will be split working across the following areas:
- Automation: Designing, enhancing and implementing reusable CI Integration & CD solutions using industry best current practices.
- Operations: Running, monitoring and building a stable and secure CI/CD platform to meet current and future requirements
- Collaboration and Sharing: Collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure their requirements are catered for and automated where possible.
Some of the technologies that you will interact with include:
- Containerisation and virtualisation: Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift, VMWare
- Build and deployment automation: Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Helm
- Instrumentation and monitoring: Splunk, Loki, Prometheus, Grafana
- Languages and frameworks: Bash, Java, Groovy, Go, Python, Node, .Net
Where you have knowledge gaps, training and shadowing opportunities will be provided.
You have an automation-first mindset. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and have a thirst for expanding your own technical horizons. You are able to work under pressure and you are a keen problem solver with a drive for finding efficient solutions to challenging problems.
- Experience in an operational environment with a solid understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, GitLab, CircleCI
- Experience in writing pipelines or workflows in code such as Declarative Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Experience in automating of building, testing, scanning and deploying software into multiple environments
Minimum 3 years of experience with at least one of each of the following:
o Python, Groovy or Java
o Container technology such as Docker, Podman, Mirantis
o Kubernetes, EKS, GKE, OpenShift
It is nice if you have the following.
- Experience with Jenkins, Declarative Pipelines and Job DSL
- Experience with writing Pipeline libraries and writing unit tests for them
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Helm, Puppet
- Excellent knowledge of build tools such as Maven/Gradle
- Experience working with VMWare and Baremetal
- Experience with running Windows, Linux and OSX based build agents
- Practical experience of software delivery practices such as feature toggling, no-downtime deployments and blue-green deployments
- Knowledge of security best practices within the software development lifecycle
- Experience with agile development methodologies
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.