Posted on 12/8/2022
Houston, TX, USA
- Ability to deal with complex commercial and business matters
- A Juris Doctor (JD) Degree
- Minimum 3 year relevant legal experience (in-house legal department, private law firm), preferably from the technology field
- In-depth experience with contract drafting and negotiations with respect to IT contracts, services contracts, license contracts etc
- Practical and commercial mindset and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, often with tight deadlines, with understanding of the legal in-house role
- Good negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish/Portuguese (this is a requirement)
- The ability to thrive in a growing, fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work alongside a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on velocity, openness, togetherness, impact, and curiosity
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite
- Responsible for negotiating complex SaaS commercial contracts
- Corporate compliance supported by Cognite's Compliance Officer
- Support all departments with different legal tasks
- Prepare, draft and negotiate various types of contractual documents
- Participate in tender preparations, clarifications and negotiations
- Provide legal support related to follow up and handling of all contracts
- Specify internal governance policies and make sure the company complies with governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to maximize revenues, minimize risk and foster long-term relationships
- Work with legal tech tools to automate the legal department(develop and implement projects to simplify processes, automate, eliminate bottlenecks, and scale in response to the growth of the business and the legal department)
- Support the needs of the General Counsel and handle other projects as requested
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills through communication, both internal and external
Cognite Data Fusion contextually enriches IT and OT data.
Cognite is on a mission to power a high-tech, sustainable, and profitable industrial future.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
Company Core Values
- Velocity - We move fast and try new things, and we don't stop moving forward. Execution is everything.
- Openness - Data must be open to create value. We share as much as possible with our customers and partners alike.
- Impact - Go big or go home. We fundamentally change the industrial world and make it more sustainable.
- Togetherness - We innovate through building on our ideas and strengths. This means supporting and challenging one another.
- Curiosity - We love learning. We're courageous and we love finding better answers. We're willing to challenge each other on the way.