Software Engineer – Intern
Posted on 9/17/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA...
Data Structures & Algorithms
- You are pursuing a B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, have no more than 2 years of full-time work experience, and/or are graduating between Fall 2023 to Summer 2025
- You are available for a May or June 2023 start date (Internships are hosted in Summer only)
- You have experience working with databases (e.g., AWS, SQL, etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- You have proficient experience working with at least 1 object-oriented programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, etc.)
- You have experience writing clean code, working with version control, and doing unit testing
- At least 1 previous Software Engineering internship or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various systems
- Excited to develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Experience with solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments, and continuous integration
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture, writing APIs, and designing systems
- Participation in project or research-based technical work, hackathons, technical conferences/organization, on-campus student organization leadership, technical teaching assistant roles, relevant extracurricular activities, or other technical experience
- Develop, maintain and ship technical elements with the support of your mentor, manager, and team members
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your mentor and team members
- Actively learn about the elements to which you contribute
- Make a direct impact on our business by collaborating with your team to solve problems for our customers
- Participate in intern programming - AMAs, game nights, cooking classes, etc
- Present your summer learnings during Demo Day at the end of the internship
- You are excited about a hybrid summer work experience
Local food delivery from restaurants
DoorDash is working to empower local communities and in turn, creating new ways for people to earn, work, and thrive. The company operates the largest food delivery platform in the United States.
- Health & Wellness - Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, including fertility coverage. Monthly gym and wellness reimbursement.
- Compensation - Competitive salary with bi-annual performance reviews. Meaningful equity opportunities - with quarterly vesting.
- Time When You Need It - Flexible vacation days for salaried employees. Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members. Paid Parental Leave to support our DoorDash families.
- Flexible Work Support - At-home office equipment and monthly WiFi support while working from home. Enjoy your favorite lunch on us while working in one of our offices.
Company Core Values
- We are one team
- Make room at the table. We’re committed to growing and empowering a more diverse and inclusive community. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has the tools, resources and opportunity to thrive.
- Think outside the room. We strive to be as inclusive as possible and consider those who may not be in the room when making decisions.
- One team, one fight. We’re in this together, and both success and failure are shared. We are intentional about creating a high-accountability, no-blame culture.