New York, New York
6 month growth↓ -5%
1 year growth↓ -11%
2 year growth↓ -18%
- 4+ years of product management experience in an Agile environment
- Solid technical understanding of how Search functions at a 2-sided marketplace
- Strong analytical skills and ability to write SQL queries
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization and search personalization
- Define the strategy and build the Search roadmap
- Ensure Seller Ads are optimized throughout the platform for both buyers and sellers
- Integrate user research and analytics into product requirements
- Work closely with design and engineering to build and iterate on key features
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
- Experience with search personalization and search rank algorithms
1stDibs is a one-of-a-kind online marketplace that connects design lovers to more than one million extraordinary pieces, from furniture and fine art to jewelry and fashion. As a leading global marketplace for design lovers, we enable shoppers to discover beautiful things and interact with top sellers from around the world and our team shares that passion. Our best-in-class platform allows shoppers to buy directly, negotiate a price, or bid on items at auction and enables them to interact with sellers throughout all stages of the transaction — including item inquiries, price negotiations, and customization requests.
We are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on, and user-centered Product Manager, Search, to join our New York, NY product team and help scale our growth. You will work in a critical area of our platform, create a strategic roadmap, and work on a cross-functional team.
You will be working on improving various parts of the platform to help buyers Search our 2M+ unique and one-of-a-kind items. You’ll drive improvements to Search Relevancy and Item Filtering to optimize user engagement. You will be empowered to work with Engineering, ML Research and Seller Teams to define the roadmap, drive strategy and prioritize initiatives. As a critical member of our organization, you have the opportunity to shape our overall product strategy and impact our business goals.
What you’ll do
- You will work with stakeholders to define the strategy and build the Search roadmap
- You will ensure Seller Ads are optimized throughout the platform for both buyers and sellers
- You will define requirements, goals and success metrics for respective Search product launches, including designing A/B tests
- You will integrate user research and analytics into product requirements
- You will work closely with design and engineering to build and iterate on key feature
- You will partner with a wide range of stakeholders and serve as a cross-functional leader to drive new product initiatives
- You will manage projects using agile methodologies
What you’ll bring
- You have 4+ years of product management experience in an Agile environment (leading standups, sprint planning, user testing, etc.)
- You have a solid technical understanding of how Search functions at a 2-sided marketplace
- You have strong analytical skills and ability to write SQL queries to analyze feature performance and the ability to make tradeoffs
- You have the ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills; this person will need to communicate project updates and results to stakeholders across different functions
- You have an understanding of Search Engine Optimization and the factors that contribute to a page’s rank
- You have experience with search personalization and search rank algorithms are a plus
Our overall compensation package is made of several parts, base compensation being one of them. At 1stDibs we value and are proud of our culture, innovation, professional development and training workshops, trust and giving back to the community. Equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and incentive (IF APPLICABLE) are all are components of your total compensation package. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
1stDibs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The 1stDibs mission, to enrich lives with the extraordinary, can only be achieved when diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into our values, culture and the way we do business. Enabling access to and celebrating unique and diverse perspectives is at the very core of what we do. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, who are reflective of the diversity of our communities, and fostering an environment where every individual feels they belong, are valued and heard. As a leading design marketplace, we leverage the power of our platform and brand to empower historically underrepresented individuals, and the businesses they own, across the art and design industries.
Total Compensation Statement
1stDibs is committed to attracting, motivating and retaining top talent who drive the business forward and help us achieve our mission and vision. The company’s Total Compensation packages are designed to reward performance, be fair, equitable, and competitive, and consist of base salary, equity (where applicable), and health and work-life benefits.