Dave is one of the leading US neobanks and a pioneer in financial services, using disruptive technology to provide best in class banking services to millions of members at a fraction of the cost compared to incumbents. The anchor of our banking value proposition, ExtraCash, provides up to $500 of short term, interest free advances to members within minutes of joining. The speed to value, access and pricing of ExtraCash compared to traditional overdraft sets us apart from incumbents and is a key to our strategy to efficiently acquire transacting Dave debit card members.
As the FP&A Lead, you will own the preparation of all core financial forecasting for Dave and help drive other critical company functions such as the preparation of internal/external reporting & presentations, management & tracking of annual/quarterly budgeting processes, development & preparation of investor relations materials, evaluation of M&A and/or strategic partnership opportunities, among others. You will also have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across Marketing, Product, and Risk organizations to help drive critical insights/analyses for our executive and business teams to support key strategic product & business decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain sophisticated financial and operating models to address complex financial and business-oriented challenges
- Prepare key reporting presentations and communications that summarize information concisely for both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Company Leadership, Board of Directors, shareholders)
- Further refine and drive Dave’s annual budgeting and continuous planning processes
- Develop and execute on periodic financial reporting packages for senior management
- Partner with accounting and other operational teams to develop and evolve scalable processes to manage and improve operational efficiency
- Work directly with our executive team to develop financial and operational forecasts & analyses, identify and evaluate opportunities and risks, and assist with corresponding data-driven decision making
- Support capital markets and corporate transactions by assisting in due diligence processes and assessing business impacts
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A or Strategic Finance at a fast-paced, leading financial technology company or at a top-tier investment bank, consulting, or VC/PE firm with financial services sector experience; experience at a public company preferred, but not required
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required
- Strong analytical skills; you must be an expert in Excel and be able to build models from scratch that are efficient, scalable, intuitive, and well-formatted
- Robust experience in the creation of sophisticated presentation materials utilizing tools such as PowerPoint or Google Slides; experience presenting complicated analyses or topics to colleagues across the organization (from Leadership to working-group level teams)
- Deep understanding of other MS Office products (Word), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Strong organizational and process management skills, comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment; ability to set clear goals and effectively prioritize workload; operate both autonomously and within teams under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to help influence executive stakeholders in making informed data-driven decisions
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.