About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is seeking an experienced Loads and Dynamics Engineer to support the development of the Overture supersonic airliner. This individual will work closely with the mechanical systems and structures team and landing gear supplier to develop and refine ground loads to support Overture.
This person will have an integral part in planning, developing and coordinating very important projects as well as providing technical assistance to team members related to Overture. This person should have great communication skills and be able to collaborate with internal and external customers on technical matters. This person needs to be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Establish, perform, and report landing and taxi loads analysis in accordance to the FAA regulations (§25.479 and §25.481)
- Ditching and wheels-up landing analysis
- Landing gear stability and shimmy analysis
- Landing gear metering pin analysis
- The candidate will participate in aircraft development program activities and will coordinate with other engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical systems) for analysis inputs, design implementation details, and documentation of results
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, or physics with 5 or more years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Familiarity with industry standard tools, such as Nastran/ Zaero, MATLAB/ Simulink/ Simscape, EASY5, MSC Adams
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supersonic delta wing experience
- Working experience with fixed wing aircraft loads requirements (JSSG-2006, FAR Part 23 and 25), and ability to write certification-appropriate technical documentation.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $127,000 to $173,000. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.