Associate Vice President
Direct Mail Content
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Digital advocacy and communication services for nonprofits
MissionWired stands out as a leader in digital advocacy and strategic communication, having pioneered widely used tactics and served prestigious clients such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and The White House. The company's comprehensive services range from online fundraising and analytics to coding and graphic design, all delivered by highly recognized professionals in their respective fields. Their unique approach to lead generation and reactivation marketing, demonstrated by their digital co-op, offers a fast, reliable, and high-return solution for growth.
Washington, District of Columbia
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -6%
2 year growth↑ 17%
Remote in USA
Growth & Marketing
- 5+ years of experience leading direct response marketing, direct mail strategy, and creative best practices for nonprofits, politicals, or both
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas
- Comfort working up and down your skillset
- Experience with client-facing roles
- A passion for supporting and connecting with individuals and teams, both colleagues and mentees
- Overseeing and expanding the agency’s direct mail creative practice
- Managing team members and guiding career development equitably and humbly
- Collaborating across internal teams and ad-hoc projects while also managing your own book of clients
- Developing and maintaining compelling, authentic creative strategies for world-changing nonprofits, Democratic elected officials, and political challengers
- Participating in agency work as well as business development, including bringing our best creative work forward in proposals and pitches
- Background managing teams is preferred
- Experience with business development is a plus
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: Our associate vice president will tackle a new challenge every day, but there are a few constants: As a leader on our team of expert writers, designers, and editors, you’ll collaborate with other internal team leads to bring our clients’ goals to life – and keep our creative approach on the industry’s cutting edge. You’ll come to the table having mastered industry best practices and be eager to foster team growth, professional development, and inclusion. And you’ll listen, collaborate, and innovate to ensure our work is leading to real change – change the future depends on. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and expanding the agency’s direct mail creative practice;
- Managing team members and guiding career development equitably and humbly;
- Collaborating across internal teams and ad-hoc projects while also managing your own book of clients;
- Developing and maintaining compelling, authentic creative strategies for world-changing nonprofits, Democratic elected officials, and political challengers; and
- Participating in agency work as well as business development, including bringing our best creative work forward in proposals and pitches.
- 5+ years of experience leading direct response marketing, direct mail strategy, and creative best practices for nonprofits, politicals, or both;
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas;
- Comfort working up and down your skillset;
- Experience with client-facing roles; and
- A passion for supporting and connecting with individuals and teams, both colleagues and mentees.
- Background managing teams is preferred;
- Experience with business development is a plus.
Salary floor for this role begins at $90,000+ per year, depending on experience.
Please apply with:
A resume, cover letter, and two writing samples that demonstrate your ability to create engaging and persuasive content.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.