6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 10%
2 year growth↑ 10%
- 15+ years of general corporate legal experience
- Experience in corporate securities, governance, finance, and M&A
- Excellent strategic, organizational, and presentation skills
- Significant experience preparing and reviewing SEC filings
- Ability to provide real-time advice on securities law issues
- Experience with investor relations and proxy advisory firms
- Excellent project management skills
- Prior in-house legal management experience
- Well-rounded corporate legal expertise in multiple areas
- Experience in a fast-paced company
- Excellent collaboration skills with ability to build relations across teams
- Understand accounting and corporate finance
- Experience with entity management systems and electronic board portals
- Development and implementation of corporate procedures and policies
- Provide practical legal advice on corporate law, securities laws, corporate governance and transactional legal matters
- Foster and cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders
- Help manage acquisition, investment, and capital market transactions
- Support subsidiaries and global expansion efforts
- Advise and support corporate governance policies and matters
- Keep current on applicable securities laws, corporate governance developments, and M&A trends
- Advise on executive compensation practices
- Draft agreements and documentation for governance, internal policies and executive compensation matters
- Assist in representing the company professionally, thoughtfully, and with the highest standards of integrity
- Experience working with boards, People teams, and IR and finance teams
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust’s technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
Reporting directly to the Company’s Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, you will be responsible for a broad array of corporate, governance and transactional legal matters. Strong technical and advisory skills, excellent business judgment, people and project management skills, the ability to effectively team with business groups throughout OneTrust will be among the more important keys to your success. The issues you will have to address will require real-time analysis and practical advice. You must be able to work under significant pressure and maintain a sense of patience, camaraderie, and respect. You will work closely with the members of OneTrust’s finance, tax and legal teams worldwide.
- Provide practical legal advice on corporate law, securities laws, corporate governance and transactional legal matters.
- Foster and cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders and work together to achieve OneTrust goals.
- Help manage acquisition, investment, and capital market transactions.
- Support OneTrust’s current subsidiaries and global expansion efforts, including advising on board matters, regulatory and local law requirements, and inter-company agreements.
- Advise and support corporate governance policies and matters.
- Keep current on applicable securities laws, corporate governance developments, and M&A trends and best practices.
- Advise on executive compensation practices, including senior management and executive agreements, stock plan administration, incentive bonus plans and programs, severance plans and guidelines and any related public company disclosure considerations.
- Draft agreements and documentation for governance, internal policies and executive compensation matters.
- Trusted to assist in representing the company professionally, thoughtfully, and with the highest standards of integrity.
- 15+ years of general corporate legal experience gained at both law firms and in-house, with subject matter expertise in corporate securities, governance, finance, and M&A.
- Must possess excellent strategic, organizational, and presentation skills as well as business acumen and the ability to work collaboratively with members of the legal team and other cross-functional teams.
- Significant experience preparing and reviewing SEC filings, including periodic and current reports, Section 16 filings and proxy statements.
- Ability to provide real-time advice on securities law issues, including review of earnings, press releases, scripts and investor presentations, as well as advising on Reg FD compliance and insider trading policy matters.
- Public company and subsidiary board governance, including preparation and maintenance of board agendas, calendars, minutes, consents, charters and policies, and coordination of board meetings and materials.
- Experience with investor relations, proxy advisory firms and the annual meeting process.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Prior in-house legal management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the executive leadership team.
- Well-rounded corporate legal expertise in multiple areas, including M&A and strategic investments.
- Experience in a fast-paced company, providing accurate guidance and pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent collaboration skills with ability to build relations across teams.
- Experience working with boards, People teams, and IR and finance teams.
- Understand accounting and corporate finance.
- Entity management systems (CSC, Diligent Entities, GEMS or similar).
- Electronic board portals (Boardvantage, Diligent or similar).
- Electronic document filing and maintenance.
- Development and implementation of corporate procedures and policies.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins toFinish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may berequired to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.