San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 10%
2 year growth↑ 101%
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in TypeScript, Node.js, Web Application Development
- Write clear, tested, modifiable software
- Build web applications and web application build systems
- Review code, decide on architecture, and iterate on team processes
- Write messages, pull request descriptions, documents, and more
- Give actionable feedback on the product, team, and team members
- Experience in TypeScript
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience in Web Application Development
Vercel’s Frontend Cloud provides the developer experience and infrastructure to build, scale, and secure a faster, more personalized web. Vercel enables customers like Under Armour, Nintendo, The Washington Post, Porsche, and Zapier to build dynamic user experiences on the web.
At Vercel, our mission is to enable the world to ship the best products and that goes hand in hand with creating an environment where you can do the best work of your life.
About the role:
You’ll write software that allows our customers to seamlessly deploy their projects onto the Vercel frontend cloud. That could mean adding support for frameworks or runtimes. It could also mean developing new capabilities like instant rollback and pushing from on-prem source control, or new primitives such as custom dev, staging, and prod environments.
The Zero Config team works across the stack, while usually focusing on the Vercel CLI, the project code ingestion system, and the build system.
What you will do:
- Write clear, tested, modifiable software.
- You will build web applications and web application build systems.
- Together, we’ll build software, review code, decide on architecture, and iterate on team processes. You don’t have to do all of these things, but we’d like you to be more involved than just grinding task after task.
- Write messages, pull request descriptions, documents, and more.
- We strive for a trust-and-respect-based relationship across the team. That means everyone should respond well to valid feedback about actions. Additionally you will give actionable feedback on the product, team, and team members.
- We have a voluntary On Call rotation that is paid! If you opt-in, you will respond to monitor alerts and incidents about the build process, then executing a runbook and/or escalating.
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience in or more of the following: TypeScript, Node.js, Web Application Development
- Great compensation package and stock options.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package.
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills.
- Flexible Time Off - Flexible vacation policy with a recommended 4-weeks per year, and paid holidays.
- Remote Friendly - Work with teammates from different time zones across the globe.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $175,000.00 - $210,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.