IBUK seeks an individual to join our Technical Operations team in London. In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and other crucial business technology must be maintained, monitored and supported at all times with locations across the globe with vigilance, tenacity and precision. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline. With bushido spirit, these operators develop tools, systems and solutions to ensure the correct function of the various systems encompassing Interactive Brokers’ platform. The operators gain experience and provide additional value working under the expert direction of senior trade, skill and industry experts to resolve complex issues with specific technology, hardware and software components.
- Monitor all aspects of the Interactive Brokers global brokerage system
- Analyze, address, escalate and resolve brokerage system operational issues
- Communicate with exchanges to configure, test, and implement new trading technologies
- Work with our developers to design new and improved existing brokerage processes
- Design and develop new monitoring and automation processes
- Act as primary escalation point for any and all technical issues
- Strong English communication skills
- Bachelors degree or similar in a technical discipline combined with professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of computers, networks and technology in general
- The ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately
- Willingness to work shifts and weekends
- Prior Experience in a Technology Position
- Experience with Unix / Linux style command line interfaces
- Prior experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
- A keen desire to explore and learn new concepts, systems and technologies
Company Benefits & Perks
- Salary commensurate with experience. Performance based cash bonus and stock grant.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Cash Plan with cash reimbursement for many everyday essential treatments including Dental and Optical cover
- Hybrid work model
- Daily company-paid lunch
- Season Ticket Loan
- Group Income Protection plan
- 5% (of basic salary) contribution towards employee’s pension
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899