Brighton Jones is a team that helps our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. That’s our mission, and why we do everything we do. We are a team that collaborates together to achieve our goals, as we support our clients in reaching theirs. Successful candidates for this role and all roles at Brighton Jones will bring a “how can I help?” attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help our clients and colleagues succeed. We are looking for someone who wants to contribute to and celebrate the success of others and be part of an organization that is a leader in the industry.
Brighton Jones is one of the nation’s fastest growing RIA’s headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Over the past 20 years our team-based approach, relentless focus in evolving our service model, and operational foundation has enabled us to grow 100% organically from a 2-person start up to a 250-person enterprise, helping over 2,000 families and advising on over $8B in assets. We continue our growth as we plan to expand into 30 new markets, grow to 2,000 team members strong, and serve 30,000 clients. Creating and maintaining an incredible culture is our secret sauce and our goal is to make sure each of our teammates loves working here, what they do, who they do it with, and who they do it for.
The role of the Client Service Operations Associate is to provide tactical leverage to all members of the Client Service Operations and Experience teams, in support of all business segments and specialty areas (PCFO, Tax, Open Plan, IAM, 2030 Law, Real Estate, BJIP, Philanthropy, etc.).
Service Team Support
- Support day-to-day Client Service operations for the firm
- Assist in the resolution of operational inquiries; identify, diagnose, and solve
- Document processes to support operational efficiency, consistency, and accuracy
- Create and maintain key client service reference information, directories, and support materials
- Collaborate with teams to increase operational knowledge, and promote data integrity
- Attend and provide tactical support in service team monthly role meetings
- Document and track progress on CS Operations projects, enhancements, and solutions
Custodial and Operations Liaison
- Responsible for timely custodial updates and alerts; communicate required updates and actions to the team,
- Assist Client Service Operations Management and service teams with issues that require special attention, exception processing, or service escalation
- Assist Compliance with CS reporting and data collection needed to satisfy regulatory audits (SEC, custody, etc.)
Onboarding/Off-Boarding Team Members
- For new team members, administer user accounts for CS specific technology such as Wealthscape (Fidelity), Tamarac, my529, and By All Accounts (BAA); provide access and manage entitlements
- Assist with training on Client Service Operations functions for new client service hires
Service Team Staffing and Workload Planning
- Provide CS Operations management with data and analysis to facilitate decision-making
- Monitor and analyze team member client workload and activity volumes; make suggestions for improvement and ongoing systems maintenance
- Assist pods with larger-scale team member transitions re-assignments and workload distribution
- Provide teams with reports and dashboards to track and audit key activities
- Manage short and long-term Client Service projects that support firm objectives and key results
- Organize resources, identify issues, establish goals and deadlines, assign responsibilities, and create tools for managing and tracking progress
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, either as a service team member or in a Client Service Operations role
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills, including pivot tables and advanced functions
- Salesforce reporting and dashboard experience recommended
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of roles and departments
- Strong organizational skills
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility.
- Pay: $66,000 - $85,000 per year
- Benefits: Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to, health care benefits (medical/dental/vision), retirement benefits, paid time off (PTO), holiday flex-days, summer flex-days, company-paid holidays, parental leave, transportation benefits, unlimited volunteer time off, professional, and personal wellbeing stipend, and other fringe benefits.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger, and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce! —allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness, Emotional, and Social Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.