FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
Our Portugal offices are located in four of the country’s most vibrant cities - Braga, Guimarães, Lisbon and Porto, known for their rich historical background and warm atmosphere. The teams working in Portugal cover all areas of FARFETCH, from Digital Production to Operations, People and Technology. In our Guimarães and Porto offices you can experience the latest fashion trends in our European Production sites, and in our Braga, Porto and Lisbon offices you can immerse yourself in the tech world!
You are a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited about solving some very concrete and commercial design needs for the Farfetch Platform Solutions unit. You can design with an understanding of luxury brand design sensibilities. You can support brand partner website teams in both building and optimization processes. You are comfortable facing multiple internal stakeholders and most importantly clients while juggling their business interests and the user’s voice. You have a diverse background and a keen eye for detail that allows you to accomplish some high-fidelity tasks such as extending a pre-existing layout with new functionality while keeping the initial editorial vision intact. You have either design or product-relevant training and significant experience in e-commerce. You recognize that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture.
You’re able to work productively with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers, and product owners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with other product designers, user researchers, product owners and developers;
- Explain findings and build cases for improvement for existing Farfetch Platform Solutions websites;
- Support the product team in advocating adoption of new platform features;
- Bridge efforts and foster sharing of concrete knowledge between consumer and platform team;
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent, and promote best practices learned from the Farfetch portal;
- Review mockups from many creative agencies around the world for each new brand and help shape editorial layouts into user centric interactive models by improving usability;
- Support in the creation of designs for new partners for the farfetch platform, contributing to design systems and creating high fidelity screens ready for engineering handovers;
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design choices taking into account the challenges of facing partners directly;
- Conduct yearly audits of existing websites by doing usability research and applying data digests from our analyst teams;
- Create metrics around user satisfaction to challenge pre existing biases on user behavior;
- Be fully accountable for projects assigned to you and serve as a approval point from a design standpoint.
WHO YOU ARE
- You take several steps back to see the full picture and think about the wider experience. Our users think beyond their browser window, and so do we;
- You design based on evidence and you’re always unbiased;
- You prototype to test and learn;
- You can prove the impact of your designs, you think lean, and you’re comfortable with pivoting;
- You’re able to provide constructive and applicable critique;
- You’re an equally adept listener who’s able to take feedback onboard and iterate accordingly;
- You’re resilient and can cope with change. We’re a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced global business, and we sometimes change course. Every day you might learn new things about luxury fashion, merchandising, pricing or logistics;
- You’re able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices. We’re a global team with centers in London, Lisbon and Porto.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment, and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, a sabbatical program, and days for you to give back to the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy, and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.