6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 8%
2 year growth↑ 110%
- Experience building and maintaining cloud services
- Comfortable with Kubernetes
- Ownership mentality for code
- Demonstrated excellence in work
- Empathy for customers
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Actively build Upbound Cloud and contribute to Upbound’s open-source projects
- Take ownership of building features in high demand by Upbound’s customers
- Communicate through thoughtful and thorough design documents for new initiatives
- Support the full project lifecycle for highly scalable and reliable services running in a cloud environment
- Write and maintain Go code that interfaces with the Kubernetes API
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes services
- Author documentation, user guides, and blog posts to support and promote new features
- Participate in on-call support for Upbound Cloud
- Experience with CI/CD and observability
- Experience with single sign-on, Git integration, audit logs, disaster recovery
- Experience with creating a safe environment for collaboration and learning
The Orchestration team at Upbound is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help us build our flagship SaaS offering, Upbound Cloud. As part of the Orchestration team, you will help us scale Upbound to reliably support thousands of control planes, while also adding enterprise features like single sign-on, Git integration, audit logs, disaster recovery, and much more. Our team is expanding, and this is the perfect opportunity for you to make a significant engineering impact.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively build Upbound Cloud, as well as contributing to Upbound’s open-source projects, especially Crossplane.
- Take ownership of building features in high demand by Upbound’s customers and deliver new functionality that will delight and amaze our users.
- Communicate through thoughtful and thorough design documents for new initiatives.
- Support the full project lifecycle for highly scalable and reliable services running in a cloud environment – discovery, analysis, architecture, design, review, documentation, building, migration, automation, deployment, production-readiness, and support.
- Write and maintain Go code that interfaces with the Kubernetes API, such as operators, controllers, add-ons, etc.
- Deploy and manage our Kubernetes services.
- Author documentation, user guides, and blog posts to support and promote new features that you release.
- Participating in on-call to support Upbound Cloud.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience building and maintaining cloud services: CI/CD, observability, scaling, and an owner-operator mentality for your code.
- Comfortable with Kubernetes.
- Take responsibility and ownership for solving problems even if they are outside your lane.
- Demonstrate excellence in your work, constantly trying to improve your skills.
- Have empathy for customers and keep them in mind as you build solutions.
- Realize the importance of clear communication and effective collaboration to work as a team and deliver great results.
- You help create a safe environment where everyone can contribute, learn from failures, and help each other.