Compliance Program Manager
Updated on 2/1/2024
Patient-centered Digital Clinic
Hinge Health's mission is to help millions of Americans with chronic pain get their lives back on track through their Digital MSK Clinic, they strive to nurture a supportive, humble, and transparent environment that helps their team do the best work of their careers.
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 22%
2 year growth↑ 54%
San Francisco, CA, USA
Legal & Compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare, or law
- Minimum of 5 years of related compliance, regulatory or legal experience
- Certification from HCCA, SCCE or similar compliance or auditing certification
- Experience working in a healthcare or corporate compliance program or with a federal or state regulatory agency
- Flexibility/adaptability to handle ambiguity and adapt to shifting requirements
- Collaborative teamwork and ability to engage across all departments and with stakeholders
- Managing compliance program requirements such as annual company-wide compliance training roll-out
- Annual policy & procedure updates
- Responding to records requests and/or data deletion requests
- Compliance reporting and monitoring activities
- Working cross-functionally with privacy, information security, and other internal departments
- Building positive business relationships with internal stakeholders
- Managing document and data repositories of compliance or legal documents
- Launching and managing annual compliance programs including compliance training and policy attestation
- Utilizing third-party applications to manage & respond to compliance tickets, track compliance training program completion, and create dashboards or track compliance monitoring issues and metrics
- Assisting in risk assessments with internal stakeholders and creation of compliance tracking and monitoring for prioritized risks
- Building expertise in specified compliance program subject matter areas
- Maintaining accurate and organized records of compliance activities, assessments, and audit findings
- Updating and delivering annual compliance training courses
- Participating in risk assessment activities, compliance auditing and monitoring activities
- Tech industry experience
Hinge Health is moving people beyond pain by transforming the way it is treated and prevented. Connecting people digitally and in-person with expert clinical care, we combine advanced technology, AI and a care team of experts to guide people through personalized care directly from their phone. Our approach is proven to reduce pain by 68%, prevent 42% of new opioid prescriptions, and avoid more than half of joint replacement surgeries. Available to 18M people, Hinge Health is trusted by leading health plans and employers, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon.
Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
You’ll be responsible for managing compliance program requirements, such as annual company-wide compliance training roll-out, annual policy & procedure updates, responding to records requests and/or data deletion requests, and compliance reporting and monitoring activities. You will work cross-functionally with privacy, information security, and other internal departments to assist in responding to compliance requests such as attestations or other regulatory requests. You will build positive business relationships with internal stakeholders to further compliance program objectives and support the company’s culture of compliance.
Team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Excellent organizational, communication, and program management skills. Knows how to manage document and data repositories of compliance or legal documents using the Company’s tech apps/systems. Willing to work outside their comfort zone by volunteering for new projects, and learning new skills to support company growth. Able to launch and manage annual compliance programs including compliance training, compliance policy attestation, and completion of compliance questionnaires/inquiries that are timely and with a high degree of quality and accuracy. Self-starter who can manage programs and processes with minimal hands-on supervision, has an excellent work ethic, and is responsible for important compliance deliverables that are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Manage and utilize third-party applications including Freshdesk or similar application to manage & respond to compliance tickets, KnowBe4 or similar application to upload and track compliance training program completion, and apps to create dashboards or track compliance monitoring issues and metrics.
- Assist in risk assessments with internal stakeholders and creation of compliance tracking and monitoring for prioritized risks as they are identified.
- Build expertise in specified compliance program subject matter areas in order to respond to stakeholder questions and requests for assistance.
- Utilize strong project management skills; the ability to lead projects to successful, timely completion; the ability to think critically and analytically and listen actively; and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in an effective and respectful manner.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of compliance activities, assessments, audit findings, and other compliance related materials.
- Update and deliver annual compliance training courses, organize the annual project to update policies and procedures, and assist with compliance communications.
- Participate in risk assessment activities, compliance auditing and monitoring activities, and perform other key compliance program duties, as assigned.
- Keep current on relevant compliance and regulatory requirements impacting Hinge Health’s business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree required, business, healthcare, or law are preferred degree areas.
- A minimum of 5 years of related compliance, regulatory or legal experience. Certification from HCCA, SCCE or similar compliance or auditing certification from a recognized industry association is a bonus.
- Experience working in a healthcare or corporate compliance program or with a federal or state regulatory agency is highly preferred. Tech industry experience is a bonus.
- Flexibility/adaptability to handle ambiguity and adapt to shifting requirements impacting your role in a growing company.
- Collaborative teamwork, ability to effectively engage across all departments and with stakeholders in a thoughtful and respectful manner.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to [email protected]
*Please do not send resumes via email*