6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 20%
2 year growth↑ 73%
- 5+ years experience in analytics or data science
- Experience in B2B environments
- Proficiency in SQL and statistical modeling tools (R, Python)
- Experience with quantitative analyses on large, complex data sets
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda
- Develop scalable analytic processes and self-service tools
- Lead the analytic strategy for broad, unstructured problems
- Provide leadership on corporate initiatives
- Seek opportunities for sales and marketing team to have a bigger impact through analysis
- Experience with experimental test design including A/B testing
- Experience in 2-sided marketplaces for B2B customers
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater’s corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We’re backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Data and analytics are critical to our future growth at ezCater. As a Lead Data Analyst, Sales, you will be a lead individual contributor on our Sales Analytics team, leveraging our rich data asset to identify and drive new growth opportunities with our corporate customers, all while partnering closely with other Data/Analytics, Sales, and Marketing colleagues. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker, able to tackle complex analytical challenges, and comfortable working across a broad array of analytics techniques while being a trusted partner to a talented, collaborative peer group. You’ll regularly architect solutions for our most complex and ambiguous analytics challenges, providing data-driven insights and solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda to unlock insights about our customers and our B2B sales/marketing activities; partner closely with sales and marketing stakeholders to guide the business through action-oriented business insights and recommendations.
- Develop scalable analytic processes, methods, and self-service tools to ensure stakeholders and other analysts are empowered to make data-driven decisions with a positive impact on success metrics
- As an individual contributor, be the advisor and subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing for your domain; advance innovation and improvements to the analytics techniques, approaches, and processes used across the company.
- Lead the analytic strategy for broad, unstructured problems while driving forward deliverables that address fundamental and ambiguous business questions.
- Provide leadership on corporate initiatives which requires the ability to work with executives and be a thought partner with the cross functional leadership team.
- Seek opportunities for our sales and marketing team to have a bigger impact through analysis of closed deal data, lead conversion rates, customer characteristics, sales team performance and other data and processes.
- Leverage predictive modeling and deep-dive statistical and data science approaches in analyses (e.g. regressions, classification, clustering models, etc.
What You Have:
- Have 5+ years experience in a relevant field, such as analytics or data science, performing quantitative and technical analysis, ideally with experience in B2B environments
- Experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can add strong business value and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Demonstrated proficiency in explaining complex analysis to stakeholders at all levels of the organization and translating conclusions into straightforward, actionable business recommendations and strategic direction.
- Expert proficiency in SQL, experience with statistical modeling tools (R, Python), and experience with common statistical modeling techniques (e.g. regressions, etc)
- Expert conducting quantitative analyses on large, complex data sets using modern data exploration and visualization software (e.g. Snowflake, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, PowerBI).
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to define, prioritize, and direct analytics initiativesd
- Be able to own and deliver projects/programs both on your own and as a member of a broader team.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and growth mindset
- Experience with experimental test design including A/B testing is a plus
- Experience in 2-sided marketplaces for B2B customers is a plus
The national cash compensation range for this role is $129,000 - $162,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.