Wing offers drone delivery as a safe, fast, and sustainable solution for last mile logistics. Consumer appetites for on-demand services are increasing, but current delivery methods are inefficient, costly, and contribute to road accidents and air pollution. Wing’s fleet of autonomous delivery drones can transport small packages directly from businesses to homes on-demand, in minutes. We design, build, and operate our aircraft, and offer drone delivery services on three continents. Our technology is designed to be easy to integrate into existing delivery and logistics networks, offering a scalable drone delivery solution for a broad range of businesses. Wing is a part of Google’s parent company, Alphabet, and our mission is to create the preferred means of delivery for the planet. To do this, we must build a workforce that’s representative of the global communities that we serve. If you’re ready to do the greatest work of your life, come join us.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a sUAS Flight Operator (Pilot-in-Command) to join our Flight Operations team for a 3 year fixed term contract. You will help us operate multiple highly autonomous small uncrewed aircraft systems. You will be a line sUAS Flight Operator for Wing’s Part 135 commercial drone delivery service in the US operating out of our Dallas Fort Worth area operations center. Working with a team of technicians and field operators, you’ll operate the system while monitoring flight and system conditions. You will be expected to meet and maintain the qualification requirements to act as a sUAS Flight Operator for our commercial drone delivery service. The ideal candidate has a passion for aviation and the ongoing development of this new industry and has three or more years of experience in a safety critical industry/role such as aviation, energy, transportation, etc. This position is subject to Wing’s Drug and Alcohol testing policy in accordance with Wing’s operating procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Report to the Chief Pilot or Assistant Chief Pilot
- Qualify and function as a Part 135 sUAS Flight Operator for Wing’s highly autonomous drone delivery service on a regular basis
- Work with the Flight Operations Manager to ensure daily operations are safely conducted
- Communicate with other crew-members to safely and effectively operate the system
- Ensure daily operations room technical and operational readiness
- Maintain the high professional standards required for a drone Part 135 sUAS Flight Operator
What You’ll Need:
- Current FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot certificate
- At least 3 years experience with commercial or public UAS operations or university level education and training in civil UAS operations
- Experience working with web-based monitoring and control interfaces
- Experience with technical or engineering record keeping methods and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written english
- Willingness to travel to complete initial and periodic training
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work independently and in teams while still maintaining rigorous attention to detail
- Able to maintain attention to detail for extended periods in a monitoring role
- Must possess FAA Second Class Medical Certificate or obtain prior to start date
- Willing to meet Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) records consent requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Aviation, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, or Engineering)
- Crewed aviation (Part 61) pilot experience (certificate not required) or completed Part 65 Aircraft Dispatcher certification course within the previous 5 years.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is the salary range below + bonus + benefits. Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.