People Strategy Specialist
Posted on 12/1/2023
Government service software
Nava's mission is to build capacity deep within public institutions so that services, programs, and entire agencies can continuously respond to people’s needs in a world of change. Nava emerged from the effort to rebuild HealthCare.gov after its troubled launch, and exists to address some of the most complex challenges in the public sector.
Government & Public Sector
Washington, District of Columbia
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 12%
2 year growth↑ 34%
Business & Strategy
- 3+ yrs experience in performance management, DEIB and engagement programs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A strong track record of achieving results in Performance Management and Employee Engagement programs
- Experience designing and managing performance management processes
- Excellent and varied facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated skill in creating complex program management tracking & milestone measurement
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand, and communicate people data and key metrics
- Demonstrated experience in HR process and systems improvement
- Proficiency with project management and communication tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage Nava’s performance management strategy
- Serve as advisor to Nava’s leaders on performance management process and strategy
- Identifying trends in performance data and making recommendations for action
- Support the people managers in identifying high performers and creating promotion readiness plans
- Assist and collaborate in the redesign of annual employee engagement surveys and pulse surveys
- Analyze data from employee engagement surveys, pulse surveys and focus groups and make recommendations
- Support the design and implementation of Nava’s Employee Experience initiative
- Facilitate focus groups and or interview to determine root causes of needed organizational effectiveness efforts
- Continuously evaluate employee programs and make recommendations for new programs
- Provide support in areas of employee engagement including diversity, inclusion and equity
- Implement, monitor progress and recommend adjustments on employee engagement programs
- Support leadership and talent development programs
- Design, deliver and evaluate organizational development activities
- Measuring the impact of interventions/initiatives on staff performance efficiency, employee retention and job satisfaction
- A Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology and related fields
- Professional services experience
- Proficiency in GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Excel, Apple computers, and other tools used to support a remote-work environment
Nava is a consultancy and public benefit corporation working to make government services simple, effective, and accessible to all. Since 2013, federal, state, and local government agencies have trusted Nava to build transformative digital services to help people access public benefits. Meeting our mission is an opportunity to restore trust between people and public institutions. We focus on populations that are the least protected because the stakes are higher.
As a client services company, we work with government agencies to improve how people apply for benefits, navigate their health care, and more. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients. Our clients hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better customer experience.
These end-users—the humans who benefit from our work—are at the core of everything we do. We research beneficiaries’ needs to help our government clients better deliver on their missions, providing everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Reporting to the Director of People Strategy, the People Strategy Specialist has a crucial role in improving Nava’s overall performance management and team effectiveness, DEI restructuring initiatives such as establishing the DEI committee, supporting ERG and Affinity groups, and leading Nava’s employee engagement programs, including survey designs and data analysis and recommendations. The incumbent in this position heavily assists in creating and maintaining a strength-based organization. The People and Organizational Effectiveness Specialist’s responsibilities are in support of Nava’s values: Be Active Stewards, Pursue the Root Cause, Think Long-Term, Build Together, Inclusion is Essential and Progress Takes Work.
What you’ll do
- Performance Management (40%)
- Manage Nava’s performance management strategy.
- Serve as advisor to Nava’s leaders on performance management process and strategy, including socialization and education, as the performance management experience continues to enhance.
- Identifying trends in performance data and making recommendations for action, including coaching people managers on navigating sensitive low-performer actions.
- Support the people managers in identifying high performers and creating promotion readiness plans.
- Employee Engagement & DEI (40%)
- Assist and collaborate in the redesign of annual employee engagement surveys and pulse surveys.
- Analyze data from employee engagement surveys, pulse surveys and focus groups and make recommendations.
- Support the design and implementation of Nava’s Employee Experience initiative.
- Facilitate focus groups and or interview to determine root causes of needed organizational effectiveness efforts.
- Continuously evaluate employee programs and make recommendations for new programs to stay aligned with best-fit trends.
- Provide support in areas of employee engagement including diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Implement, monitor progress and recommend adjustments on employee engagement programs, including matters of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Organizational Development (20%)
- Support leadership and talent development programs to ensure alignment with talent management, career paths and succession plans to retain top talent.
- Design, deliver and evaluate organizational development (OD activities) including but not limited to: coaching, team building, change management, employee engagement surveys.
- Measuring the impact of interventions/initiatives on staff performance efficiency, employee retention and job satisfaction.
- 3+ yrs experience in performance management, DEIB and engagement programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A strong track record of achieving results in Performance Management and Employee Engagement programs and promoting strategies, action plans, and implementation.
- Experience designing and managing performance management processes.
- Excellent and varied facilitation skills (virtual and in-person) and the ability to educate diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and a strong track record of building, leading cross-functional communication, and influencing others to participate in key programs and activities is required.
- Demonstrated skill in creating complex program management tracking & milestone measurement (i.e., communication to key stakeholders both within and outside People Operations on progress and risk).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand, and communicate people data and key metrics.
- Demonstrated experience in HR process and systems improvement across all aspects of the candidate and employee lifecycle.
- Proficiency with project management and communication tools, including Jira and Trello.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology and related fields is highly desired.
- Professional services experience preferred.
- Proficiency in GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Excel, Apple computers, and other tools used to support a remote-work environment.
The individual working in this position:
● Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and meet any other requirements for government contracts for which they are hired.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by their employer for a visa now or in the future.
● May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget, on top of a LinkedIn Learning license
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture, fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Stay in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about career opportunities, new partnerships, and news from the broader civic tech community.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at [email protected] if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.