Director – Product Design
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 12+ years of experience in a highly cross-functional role running strategic projects from idea through implementation
- 6+ years leading & mentoring UX teams, manager of managers a plus
- Successful experience leading a large team of designers (10+)
- Examples of broadly influential UX work that contributed directly to the achievement of business goals
- Experience designing for enterprise SaaS platforms
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self motivated and enthusiastic; knows when it's necessary to seek out guidance
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong visual design skills and sensibilities
- Expert in Figma, Creative Cloud or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools. Proficiency in rapid prototyping
- Highly organized with planning, conducting, and tracking work
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user
- Help establish, drive and articulate a vision for the future of design at Smartsheet
- Define the user experience strategy and vision for your areas of oversight
- Establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to
- Manage the day-to-day and strategic activities of UX designers, making sure that the human-centered process is properly planned and followed
- Build, evolve and scale UX processes, standards, and tools
- Mentor and coach UX designers in a motivating and supportive manner and keep the team on top of emerging UX techniques and tools
- Develop career paths and programs tailored to individual team member professional development
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross functional product teams
- Create alignment with other groups within the company by working collaboratively with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints
- Translate business goals into innovative, creative and engaging product experiences
- Support other duties
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.